Have you ever met a famous person/samsong?

Started by Thecowgoooesmooo, April 12, 2003, 01:31:47 PM

hedwig

my former art teacher taught Uma Thurman as a student in high school, so i've met someone who's met someone who would go on to be famous  :!:

The Perineum Falcon

Well, in that case, my Art History Professor is the daughter (or perhaps Grand-daughter) of Godfrey Quigley (so she tells me), who would go on to play Captain Grogan in Barry Lyndon and the Prison Chaplin in A Clockwork Orange.

Do I win forever? :)
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

samsong

nope. my high school creative writing teacher taught snoop dogg back in the day.  :shock:
he would go on to be in such films as bones and starsky & hutch. yezzir.

Fernando

A few years ago I wrote an email to Katharina Kubrick Hobbs and she did answered.

I win.

The Perineum Falcon

Les Blank just gave a lecture for a class that I am in no way a part of, but attended anyway.

Tomorrow he will give another lecture, a more formal one, and will show excerpts of his films dealing with New Orleans and the folk artist Butch Anthony, to whom I still owe a pizza.
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

polkablues

Did I just go back in time?  What the fuck just happened there?
My house, my rules, my coffee

Neil

it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

hedwig

Quote from: Neil on March 27, 2006, 03:45:57 PM
Does Chris O' Donnell Count?

this is a question i ask myself every day of my life.

Neil

Ha ha ha ha ha ha...Jokes, i love them.

Well here is a story, contents include Kristie Alley (Pre-Trim-spa, or Jenny Craig or whatever),  Chris o Donnell, and john travolta.

For the summer i went to Maine, actually an island off of Maine, called Islesboro.  this is a place where rich people go for the summer to avoid the extreme heat or whatever the fuck really rich people think. Oh yeah, Yachting, i forgot.  Anyways, I'll start with Kristie, i saw her in one out of the two grocery stores on the island, i knew she was there the moment i saw here lime green suburban...As I'm picking up Necessities for the restaurant i work for, i see her, walking down an isle and then she proceeds to pick up a bag of chips, and then open them, and then eat hand-fuls...I'm staring in amazement, and then i give her a head nod, and she looks away.

John Travolta, comes up to my boss and asks him if he can play golf on the course, because he is not a member and figured that he should ask permission.  The whole time I'm thinking A) You're short and B) you're fucking john travolta you could buy this golf course fuck permission.  After my boss (Charles) insists that it is no problem, even though it isn't up to him...John's Wife, who is carrying a an envelope pulls out an autographed picture and gives it to him as a "thank you"

The Chris O Donnell stories, I'll type later, it's too much work right now.
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

McfLy

At the Toronto Film Festival a few years back I brushed into some guy, I looked back and it was Pierce Brosnan. I found myself walking next to Dustin Hoffman briefly before his posse enveloped me, and I walked right past Dennis Quiad. I also saw Keanu Reeves from a distance, all these encounters and no words shared.

On the side:
One of my relatives told Prince to go F*ck himself when he wanted to sit at her booth when she went to some upscale restaurant in NY.

BackUpOffMeFoo

I passed Donnie Osmond on center street last month. We didnt exchange words... But we both had that look like... ur cool... i'm cool... we could probably hang out. 

Checkmate
Bingo
Game set match
Serious?

samsong

i saw david bowie at the bowery ballroom.  :shock:
he's always there but it was cool to be there at the same time as him.

I Don't Believe in Beatles

Quote from: samsong on April 19, 2006, 10:04:11 PM
i saw david bowie at the bowery ballroom.  :shock:
he's always there but it was cool to be there at the same time as him.

So Bowie was there to see TV on the Radio?  Cool.
"A film is - or should be - more like music than like fiction. It should be a progression of moods and feelings. The theme, what's behind the emotion, the meaning, all that comes later." --Stanley Kubrick

samsong

he loves the hell out of Tv on the Radio.  he's also on one of the tracks of the new album, which i didn't know till today.