MOVIES YOU'VE ALREADY SEEN VS. BLIND BUYS

Started by Gabe, May 28, 2005, 01:35:12 PM

Gabe

Last night I bought 65 dvd's at walmart. The whole time I had this summer in mind. I'm going to a film school program and I wanted to have a good selection for inspiration. I picked a ton of movies that I already wanted, but also many other that I hadn't seen. Now I'm already thinking I should bring some back, the bill was very high ( I wasn't the one who paid it either ) So I have to decide if I want a ton of great movies I've already seen, or a few that I have overlooked. there are stacks and stacks in the other room, I've already split them up according to my personal preference. But I wonder what you guys find more enjoyable in watching movies. Regardless of if you've paid for them or not, what is more fun to watch, Something NEW or Something OLD.

Brazoliange

something new and good.

pick things from your favorite directors that you haven't seen yet, pick things people recommend, pick anything criterion. go with your instinct.

yeah this probably didn't help at all.
Long live the New Flesh

Stefen

LOL. The fuck you gonna get at wal-mart?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

socketlevel

Quote from: StefenLOL. The fuck you gonna get at wal-mart?

touche

it's kinda blanketed request but i'd go with old you're already saturated with the new.  but then again you'll see lots of old at school.  still go with the old and get the fuck out'a walmart.

-sl-

[EDIT] shit i just got what you're saying, go with NEW that are OLD

lol, confused....

fuck i'm washed up right now
the one last hit that spent you...

pete

if you wanna stay fresh and inspired during the summer when you're not in film school, why don't you uh, LIVE LIFE?  do something fun/ crazy, go on a road trip, meet strangers, get beat up...etc.?
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Gabe

Well we all know, sometimes we can't really handle life, so we get away with little distractions, like typing away on a MESSAGE BOARD..

Mad love tho, mad love. Living life is all there is.

Gabe

Well, the reason I don't like seeing movies I've already watched and thought were great is because I go into them with SUCH INTENSITY. I'm like, Oh, American Beauty, this movie rocks, I have to like it, and if I don't. I butcher myself like WHAT THE F* is WRONG WITH ME?

I like new movies because there a little more relaxed and I have an objective opinion watching them.
I like old movies because I've seen their magic already and I can access when I feel like I want to watch something in the scheme of that . . . Yeah.

I need to read a book.

Brazoliange

read Stephen King's IT. Best book I've ever read

or read Dracula :)
Long live the New Flesh

Quote from: JaruebiWell we all know, sometimes we can't really handle life, so we get away with little distractions, like typing away on a MESSAGE BOARD..

for me, your post count ends here

meatball

Quote from: JaruebiWell, the reason I don't like seeing movies I've already watched and thought were great is because I go into them with SUCH INTENSITY. I'm like, Oh, American Beauty, this movie rocks, I have to like it, and if I don't. I butcher myself like WHAT THE F* is WRONG WITH ME?

For me, your film aspirations end here.

Stefen

this thread gets locked or moved to dvd talk here.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

pete

Quote from: JaruebiWell we all know, sometimes we can't really handle life, so we get away with little distractions, like typing away on a MESSAGE BOARD..

aw another insecure "if you're on the internet you can't have life" truisms.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

meatball

Get a camera, get some friends, and make as many movies as you can throughout the summer. That's the best way to learn what works for you.

w/o horse

Quote from: socketlevel
Quote from: StefenLOL. The fuck you gonna get at wal-mart?

touche

This was my first thought.

I'd really like to see a list of those 65 movies.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

Gabe

I don't want your guys opinions to effect my decision. I've gone from 65 to 20 and I'm perfectly happy with my choices.