IS LEONARD MALTIN JUST A DOUCHE??

Started by Gabe, May 19, 2005, 06:20:37 PM

w/o horse

Quote from: Pubrick
Quote from: Losing the Horse:Just close it or delete it, there's no need for drama.
who the hell are u? do u think anyone actually cares what u say around here?

this is by far the worst crop of newbies ever.

It's a message board Pubrick.  And you're ruining it, not me.

The end.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

Gabe

Maltin said American Gigolo was weak Schrader in that is another story about the gritty underworld of life, I agree. But besides this fact, I think Gigolo is just a great movie, Gere looked great. I don't know what Gigolo films have surpassed it and I was glad to see that the Deuce Bigalow Foot hooks ( please correct me ) were not an original idea. They never are.

Pubrick

Quote from: Losing the Horse:It's a message board Pubrick.  And you're ruining it, not me.

The end.
u've been here two weeks. this kind of random newbie-trying-to-tell-everyone-how-to-run-the-place is what's ruining things. also if u want to keep bickering please take it to PM, as jaruebi did.
under the paving stones.

w/o horse

Nevermind.  I've been told that's just your beautiful personality Pubrick.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

Gabe

If this can be disguised to serve as a post of a transcript between Maltin and Ebert arguing on why American Gigolo is so badass. I Don't even Think They'll Know.  :shock:

Gabe

[/quote=ROGER EBERT to LEONARD MALTIN in TRANSCRIPT]

EBERT:Fuck you.  I'm not tyring to tell you what your opinion should be or anything, I'm just calling you out like you're calling out that movie   And second of all how the hell can you talk about saving the world with cinema when you don't make shit yourself. Just shut the fuck up Leonard.(Turns to Hoe ) Hold my drink, bitch.(Back to Maltin ) Seriously.  Fuck you. Get off my show! I'm Roger Ebert Bitch! I wish I had four thumbs, so I could give all of your favorite movies 4 thumbs DOWN!

Maltin: Up Yours. . .

Ebert: Ehemm, why's the camera on him? Pan back to me. Its my fucking show god damnit.Get him outta here! GOD DAMNIT, What are we gonna do without a guest ? I need a sidekick! Tell Roeper to get his ass outta bed the measles ain't that bad. We're not gonna lose him the measles AIN'T THAT BAD. Siskel was a completely different story. Rolling? Sure. ( Looks to camera )I'm Roger Ebert and I'm sorry for the inconvinience, WE'LL KNOW RETURN TO OUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED PROGRAMMING.

soixante

Leonard Maltin earned my eternal disrespect when he gave Taxi Driver two stars in his movies on video guide.  He gave Big Bad Mama a better rating.  The guy is brain dead.

My favorite critics are Richard Schickel and Todd McCarthy.  Even if I disagree with their opinions, they are thoughtful and articulate.
Music is your best entertainment value.

Alethia

i believe i heard somewhere that the star rating's in maltins books are often not his own opinion.

jtm

Quote from: soixanteLeonard Maltin earned my eternal disrespect when he gave Taxi Driver two stars in his movies on video guide.  He gave Big Bad Mama a better rating.  The guy is brain dead.

My favorite critics are Richard Schickel and Todd McCarthy.  Even if I disagree with their opinions, they are thoughtful and articulate.

for me it was when he gave Fear & Loathing in LV a bomb.  that's when i realized his personal opinion of the subject matter weighs far more heavily than it should.

and if ewards right about the rating's not being his own opinion, that just makes him even more of a douch.

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: soixanteLeonard Maltin earned my eternal disrespect when he gave Taxi Driver two stars in his movies on video guide.

Quote from: Jay Tee Emfor me it was when he gave Fear & Loathing in LV a bomb.

I think he gave Blue Velvet 2 stars as well, which was when I not so much lost respect for him as realized I didn't have any respect for him to begin with.  I used to use his book (the 99 edition I think... my mom got a free copy and gave it to me) to mark off what films I've seen and I recall quite a few gems in there (Cider House Rules got 4 stars?  Seriously... come on... seriously...) that made me realize he sucked.  (Kind of like how Owen Gleiberman lost all credibility when he gave O Brother Where Art Thou an F but Dude, Where's My Car got a D?)

But to Maltin's credit, I think he gave Schizopolis a favorable review, which shocked the hell out of me.

SHAFTR

Quote from: soixante

I lost a lot of respect for Schickel when I met him.  He's one of those guys that doesn't believe movies are any good anymore.  It's just a ridiculous comment to make...it's the same as me saying "old movies suck".
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

jtm

we should all just stop listening to the critics and just go with our hearts.

Jeremy Blackman

Some one should make a website that compares users' top ten lists or movie ratings with critics' and matches them with the critic that most closely shares their opinions.

Anyone good with databases?

Pubrick

Quote from: ewardi believe i heard somewhere that the star rating's in maltins books are often not his own opinion.
yeah weren't a lot of the reviews contributed by a team of other jerks?
under the paving stones.

Gabe