What the hell is wrong with Tom Cruise?

Started by filmcritic, July 22, 2003, 03:34:31 PM

Ravi

Quote from: MacGuffin on November 23, 2005, 02:16:11 PM
Cruise Keeps Eye on Fetus

Anyone picturing Tom Cruise sticking his head in the womb and peeking around?

Ravi

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/people_cruise

Tom Cruise Furniture-Hopping Once Again
2 hours, 48 minutes ago

LOS ANGELES - When it comes to furniture and his love for Katie Holmes, Tom Cruise just can't help himself.

The megastar was the guest of honor at Yahoo's quarterly "Influential Speakers" event Tuesday at the company's headquarters in Sunnyvale, Calif., bantering with chief executive Terry Semel and answering questions from the crowd.

After an impromptu arm-wrestling match with Semel, Cruise jestingly recreated his "Oprah" sofa-hopping episode, this time on a chair, to trumpet his joy about his fiancee and their soon-to-arrive offspring. Then he brought the very pregnant Holmes onto the stage, where he beamed and patted her round belly.

And, yes, he then sealed the interlude with a kiss.

TV's "Inside Edition" broadcast the happy event Thursday night.

I imagine him saying, "Xenu would be pleased..."

MacGuffin

Holmes Gearing Up for Silent Birth?

Mom-to-be Katie Holmes is reportedly gearing up for the silent birth of her first child after Scientologists were spotted carrying signs into her home, reminding her to keep quiet during labor. The Batman Begins actress, 26, is awaiting the arrival of her baby with fiance Tom Cruise any day now at their Beverly Hills, California mansion. Since she began dating Cruise last April, Holmes has abandoned her Catholic beliefs to become a Scientologist like Cruise. Late Scientology creator L. Ron Hubbard urged mothers to keep as quiet as possible during labor so they do not traumatize the child. On Monday, huge placards saying, "Be silent and make all physical movements slow and understandable," were carried into the couple's home, to be displayed around the house to remind Holmes to deal with the extreme pain of childbirth quietly. Last year, Cruise attempted to appease outraged critics of the bizarre birthing method, insisting Holmes can make a little noise. He said, "There have been misinterpretations that the woman can't make any noise, and that's just not true. It's nutty. No, but just calm and quiet. I want Katie to be as comfortable as possible."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

©brad

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: MacGuffin on March 30, 2006, 12:30:54 AM
Holmes Gearing Up for Silent Birth?

"Be silent and make all physical movements slow and understandable,"

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

mogwai

MacGuffin

Cruise Plans to Marry Holmes This Summer

American actor Tom Cruise told Germany's leading tabloid in its Monday edition that he wanted to tie the knot this summer with fiancee Katie Holmes, after the birth of their baby and the upcoming release of his new film, "Mission Impossible III."

Cruise was in Germany to plug the film on the country's popular "Wetten Dass ..." ("I'll Bet ...") TV show. He said on the show Saturday that two pilots were at the ready to fly him home should Holmes go into labor.

"If Katie calls, I'm gone," Cruise said, insisting that he wanted to be present at the birth of their first child.

Cruise confirmed to Bild that he and Holmes planned to marry in the coming months.

"First the baby, then the film," he was quoted as saying. "Then, in summer, we want to get married. I won't let this woman get away."

Cruise is both starring in and co-producing the third installment in the "Mission Impossible" series, filmed in China and Italy. The film is due to be released on May 5, 2006.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

polkablues

Quote from: Tom Cruise
"I won't let this woman get away."

Just wanted to be the first to point out that little nugget.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Pubrick

is there a woman on earth who would be turned on by his obsessiveness? or rather, what kind of woman would be turned on by his obsessiveness?

-a completely destitute one (which katie is probably not)
-an old decrepit spinster (graphically not)
-poor, poor katie

it goes counter to what i have always thought about broads.
under the paving stones.

MacGuffin

Tom Cruise Says His Father Was 'A Bully'

Tom Cruise says his father was abusive and that school, where he faced other bullies, was difficult, in an upcoming issue of Parade magazine.

"He was a bully and a coward," the 43-year-old actor says of his father, Thomas Cruise Mapother III. "He was the kind of person where, if something goes wrong, they kick you. It was a great lesson in my life how he'd lull you in, make you feel safe and then, bang!

"For me, it was like, `There's something wrong with this guy. Don't trust him. Be careful around him.' There's that anxiety."

Cruise has two children, Connor, 11, and Isabella, 13, from his marriage to Nicole Kidman, and his 27-year-old fiancee, Katie Holmes, is in the final stages of her pregnancy with the couple's first child.

The star of the upcoming film, "Mission: Impossible III," also says he was bullied regularly in the 15 different schools he attended in 12 years. (He graduated from Glen Ridge High School in Glen Ridge, N.J., in 1980.)

"So many times the big bully comes up, pushes me," he says. "Your heart's pounding, you sweat, and you feel like you're going to vomit. I'm not the biggest guy, I never liked hitting someone, but I know if I don't hit that guy hard he's going to pick on me all year.

"I go, `You better fight.' I just laid it down. I don't like bullies."

In 1974, when Cruise was 11, his parents divorced. Cruise's mother, Mary Lee, moved her family to Louisville, Ky., her hometown, the magazine says in its April 9 issue.

Ten years later, Cruise says he reunited with his father, who was "in the hospital dying of cancer, and he would only meet me on the basis that I didn't ask him anything about the past."

"When I saw him in pain, I thought, `Wow, what a lonely life,'" Cruise says. "He was in his late 40s. It was sad."

Skeleton FilmWorks

godardian

Quote from: MacGuffin on April 05, 2006, 04:41:34 PM

In 1974, when Cruise was 11, his parents divorced. Cruise's mother, Mary Lee, moved her family to Louisville, Ky., her hometown, the magazine says in its April 9 issue.

Ten years later, Cruise says he reunited with his father, who was "in the hospital dying of cancer, and he would only meet me on the basis that I didn't ask him anything about the past."

"When I saw him in pain, I thought, `Wow, what a lonely life,'" Cruise says. "He was in his late 40s. It was sad."

Wow. I'm sure I'm not the only one flashing on the Cruise/Robards deathbed scene in Magnolia right now.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

MacGuffin

Quote from: godardian on April 05, 2006, 04:55:18 PMWow. I'm sure I'm not the only one flashing on the Cruise/Robards deathbed scene in Magnolia right now.

Which is funny because he acted very Frank Mackey when asked about this same thing on Inside The Actors Studio.

Skeleton FilmWorks

©brad

don't you guys remember? he told the story about how when he first read the script, he approached PTA and went "Come on man, did you know about this?"

modage

thats really sad.  i feel bad for the cruise.  i hope mi:iii redeems him to the public but i have a feeling it wont.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.