Post your DVD Deals

Started by SHAFTR, November 17, 2003, 11:44:42 PM

Pas

Quote from: modage on November 25, 2010, 01:25:53 PM
Mad Men seasons 1-3 on blu-ray are all 9.99 each at Amazon. If I didn't already have them I would be all up on this. Trying to figure out who I can Xmas them to. 

You're the best, Mod. Ordered these :)

Stefen

They also have the 2 disc Criterion edition of Dazed and Confused on sale for $9.99.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pas

Quote from: Stefen on November 25, 2010, 09:05:26 PM
They also have the 2 disc Criterion edition of Dazed and Confused on sale for $9.99.
i'll try to update my order... Just bought a new house with a super nice pool so these dvd deals are killing me :(

samsong

i don't remember if anyone already posted this (though i'm sure if someone did i would've been all over it then) and i'm too lazy to go back and check, so...

9 disney blus for $90... well, $89.70

www.disneyblurayclub.com

enter code: 14366

$ 1.00 for 5 Disney Blu-Rays (20 cents each)
(optional) $11.95 for Bonus Blu-Ray #1
(optional) $ 8.95 for Bonus Blu-Ray #2

$21.90 Total for 7 Disney Blu Rays (shipping is free on first order)

after that, you need to purchase 3 Blu Rays within the next 24 months to fulfill the commitment of the membership.  the first bonus counts toward said commitment, so that makes 2 you need to buy at membership price within two years, though from what i understand they must be at least $29.95, $3.95 shipping charge per blu-ray.

comes out to $89.70 ($9.96/blu) for nine disney blus.  this includes animated/family films (pixar!) as well as "grown-up hits."  

i just signed up.  my membership hasn't processed in full yet but my first 7-for-$22 are:

toy story 1 & 2
ratatouille
a bug's life
the prestige
the rock
nixon

i would say that this is a pretty ridiculous deal that's too good to pass up.  disney blu-ray prices coast pretty steadily in the upper tier without any significant drops, even during major holiday sales, and certainly not down to $10 a pop.  

there is, of course, a hook.  the disney movie club sends you buying opportunities with featured titles and whatnot.  you get a minimum of 10 days to respond to these notices, after which you automatically receive the title and are billed for it.  so a heads up for those who decide to go through with this.  check their emails diligently.

modage

Quote from: modage on November 22, 2010, 01:04:17 PM
Will let you know when they actually show up.

Got all my DVD2Blu's today.  They're glorious.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pwaybloe

I got mine yesterday.

Fuck yessss!!! Blu rays of the decade.  It's beautiful.  seriously, you guys.

Pozer

got mine today too. they're so glorious i may even jerk off at the sight of John Wayne on the Searchers cover now.

modage

RANDOMLY they changed their rules back.  Now it's any DVD is eligible again.  I may just do a few more...
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

PrivateJoker

I have been reading over these posts trying to understand how this works. For example, I have Eyes Wide Shut on regular ray. If I sent it to them it used to be they'd send back the exact Blu-ray copy. Now if I send them, say The Notebook regular ray, they'll send me Eyes Wide Shut?

polkablues

Hmm.  Pretty much everything they're offering that I would actually want, I've already bought because they've been selling them at Best Buy for $9.99.  There's still a couple in there I need to grab, though.  And I definitely have the shitty unwanted DVDs to trade for them.  I knew that accidentally buying the pan-and-scan version of Minority Report at a garage sale that one time would pay off someday.
My house, my rules, my coffee

modage

Quote from: PrivateJoker on December 16, 2010, 08:52:42 PM
I have been reading over these posts trying to understand how this works. For example, I have Eyes Wide Shut on regular ray. If I sent it to them it used to be they'd send back the exact Blu-ray copy. Now if I send them, say The Notebook regular ray, they'll send me Eyes Wide Shut?
Correct.

ono

At Amazon, Magnolia Blu-Ray is $9.49, Boogie Nights Blu-Ray is $12.99.

Stefen

Picked them both up. Magnolia at $9.49 is a steal and that's the best price I've seen for Boogie Nights. I'm still on my Amazon trial so I've been buying crap for a whole month, but this makes it all worth it.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

polkablues

Quote from: ono on January 04, 2011, 12:21:10 PM
At Amazon, Magnolia Blu-Ray is $9.49, Boogie Nights Blu-Ray is $12.99.

Finally time to upgrade Magnolia, then. I was at Best Buy over the weekend and I got excited when I saw that the Magnolia blu-ray had a sale tag underneath it. It was marked down from $24.99 to $24.00.  Fuck you, Best Buy.
My house, my rules, my coffee