My film is on DVD!

Started by Ghostboy, May 11, 2003, 06:52:31 PM

Ghostboy

Time for some blatant self promotion (apologies in advance). My short film 'Still' is now available on DVD...

I'm selling it through my website. It's only eight bucks (plus shipping). BUT...you can knock two dollars off the price if you type XIXAX in the Special Instructions field when you order.

I hope you all can check it out, especially if you're into the indie filmmaking process (the disc has a pretty good documentary on it that's ten minutes longer than the film itself). All the info is on my website, but this link below will take you directly to the ordering/info page: http://www.road-dog-productions.com/stillpurchase.html

©brad

xerxes

MrBurgerKing

Hey ghostboy, good luck with that. How much money do you think you've made so far?

Gold Trumpet

I'm definitely buying one. May not be able to do so til next week or week after, but i think very soon. Hey Ghostboy, after I see your film, mind if I post some constructive criticism on the board? I promise to be fair and honest.

~rougerum

bonanzataz

dammit, ghostboy, your website makes me want to buy it!
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Ghostboy

Quote from: bonanzatazdammit, ghostboy, your website makes me want to buy it!

Well, I hope you do! Although I also hope I'm not hyping it up too much on my site.

Gold Trumpet, I fear your criticism, but not nearly as much as I look forward to it. In other words, critique to your heart's content. I also am going to post up on my site any reviews or blurbs, positive or negative, anyone wishes to submit.

Thanks to those of you guys who've already ordered it! In response to Mr.Burgerking's question, I've sold four so far. My goal, breaking-even wise, is to sell at least twenty, but I mainly just want to get the film out there and hear what people think.

Cecil

check is in the mail. and now i must wait for it to go all the way to texas. email has spoiled me

cowboykurtis

ghost boy: i recenlty put my film on dvd as well -- did you find that there was a quality difference (especially color staturation) between vhs and dvd-r? -- my vhs copy was actually better quality than the dvd -- as far as blacks and color...
...your excuses are your own...

dufresne

cool site.

post a link to the trailer please.  or at least a plot outline?
There are shadows in life, baby.

Ghostboy

Here is a link to the main 'Still' page on my site:

http://www.road-dog-productions.com/stillmain.html

It has the trailer, a tiny synopsis, production diary, etc. The synopsis is really short, though, so here's a more in-depth review (this is the first review I've had -- I'm trying to get Film Threat and a few other sites to review it as well).

www.filethirteen.com/reviews/still/still.htm

Cowboy, the mpeg2 compression definitely affected the colors and blacks a bit, but it's definitely better than my VHS dubs. What bitrate did you compress at?

Raikus

Done and done.

Look forward to seeing it.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Ghostboy

OOPS, I need to clarify one thing...

If you want the 'Xixax members special,' you need to take the two dollars off yourself when you enter the amount in the order form. That part isn't automated...the only reason I need you to type XIXAX in the message box is because I don't know most of your real names, so that's just so I know you're from this site.

I can't wait to hear back from you guys when you see it. I love all feedback, positive and negative!

Raikus

Great, now you tell me. Looks like no Big Mac today.  :cry:
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Ghostboy

If you guys who already ordered it didn't get the discount, I can still give it to you if you have a Paypal account.