NEON MERCURY's ++ ps360ii Lite ++ thread -weaning you off WoW since 07

Started by NEON MERCURY, November 09, 2003, 08:52:13 PM

Stefen

I hope I'm wrong too.

Where is NEON to confirm/deny? Is he at one of his nerdy video game forums? NEON, get your ass back here! We need you at the nerdy film forum!
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

squints

Quote from: kal on August 29, 2007, 08:41:24 AM
Maybe I'm getting old... but I cant find a game that makes me want to really play...
I feel old cause right now I've been playin this for five hours...

and its fucking great!
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Stefen

That's one of the greatest games of all time. Chrono Cross was awesome too.

Fuck, Square used to be the baddest company in the world when I was 6 and 7.

Who here remembers buying that shitty fighting game they did for the PS1 called Tobal #1 or something, just cause it had the Final Fantasy 7 demo? I must have played that demo 40 hours, just blowing up that mako reactor with cloud, barrett and the rest of avalanche over and over again.

I was watching my nieces play video games and those little bitches are all like "Watch me, watch me" and I was thinking if I ever liked people watching me and I sure as hell didn't. I would go into my room, lock the door and equip materia and go to fucking work.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Stefen on August 29, 2007, 12:03:08 PM
I hope I'm wrong too.

Where is NEON to confirm/deny? Is he at one of his nerdy video game forums? NEON, get your ass back here! We need you at the nerdy film forum!

ha, ha  ...yeah, its delayed until april 2008...the sony and microsoft fanboys are going nuts over this...sony claims that the inferior processing power[i.e. lower storage compacity on a hd-dvd disc vs blu-ray] of the 360 is whats slowing the developers down....while microsoft says the tricky architecture [i.e. complicated and much hyped cell processor] of the ps3 is whats slowing things down...

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I found a very accurate mod of Doom II for XP/Vista, all the sound effects, everything.  It was a lot trickier than I remembered.  I'm still trying to not give in and use IDKFA and IDDQD, though admittedly, once I first downloaded it, they were the first things I typed in and started ripping Imps some new assholes.

But I digress...
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Kal

Quote from: pyramid machine on August 29, 2007, 11:00:05 PM
Quote from: Stefen on August 29, 2007, 12:03:08 PM
I hope I'm wrong too.

ha, ha  ...yeah, its delayed until april 2008...the sony and microsoft fanboys are going nuts over this...sony claims that the inferior processing power[i.e. lower storage compacity on a hd-dvd disc vs blu-ray] of the 360 is whats slowing the developers down....while microsoft says the tricky architecture [i.e. complicated and much hyped cell processor] of the ps3 is whats slowing things down...

fuck them both... but no! we are the ones getting fucked!

i'll just keep downloading old games to my wii... and i'll go to gamestop and get my money back.

Kal

apparently SONY is coming out with a $400 PS3 that includes Spider Man 3 Blu Ray for the holidays...

Stefen

Do you guys remember how awesome it was to buy video games at toys-r-us? You would just pull that little piece of paper from the sleeve beneath the coverart, take it to the register, and then go over to the special game section, hand them your receipt and they would get your game for you?

That was awesome. It was like a whole giant process just to get a game. It meant something.

matt35mm

:cry:

I do remember that.

I haven't played any games since the 90's, though, so I wasn't aware that the process has changed.

Stefen

I think now they have them behind glass cases that you have to ask an employee to open, just like everything else.

I don't know though, I don't go to toys-r-us anymore because I don't want to be called a pervert.

Pubrick

i went to toys-r-us recently to buy a board game.

we bought Imaginiff.

excellent game.
under the paving stones.

my sister gave me this yesterday

it has the best graphics, gameplay, story and music of any game on the ds.  it's very cool. and so is my sister.
context, context, context.

Raikus

Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: cronopio on October 07, 2007, 01:58:12 PM
my sister gave me this yesterday

it has the best graphics, gameplay, story and music of any game on the ds.  it's very cool. and so is my sister.
I'm so excited about it! Can't touch it for a while due to my classes. Nintendo has this habit of releasing games at the worst times. Been playing through The Minish Cap in anticipation, meanwhile.

Anyone else excited about Advance Wars: Days of Ruin? Coming out in January, I believe.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Stefen on October 03, 2007, 03:26:32 PM
I think now they have them behind glass cases that you have to ask an employee to open, just like everything else.

I don't know though, I don't go to toys-r-us anymore because I don't want to be called a pervert.

yeah, i remember that.  i was kind of scared b/c i didn't know where to go and once i got there you slid that piece of paper through the small opening and ou tpop a creepy guy who accepts the paper then hands me my game...a few years later i thought about how cool it would be to have his/hers job.

now playing:

i mentioned this game early on in this thread...this game is formed by [as dorky as thismay sound] a supergroup of rpg talent...that talent pulls from the final fantasy series and the chrono trigger series....the game has received mediocore reviews..but i love it..for people who grew up on w/chrono trigger and the early final fantasies will love  it...it does indeed start off slow but near the end of disc one and onto disc two-its near flawless...i love the fact that the whole time you are playing it, you feel so nostaglic towards this games roots...the music is some of the best shit i've heard for a game...try it