Know Your Xixax: Donation begging and site news

Started by Xixax, December 02, 2006, 08:52:14 PM

polkablues

Quote from: pete on April 25, 2015, 02:53:19 PM
I'm continually impressed by Xixax's foresight to title the originally TV thread "the small screen" - since most of us watch the series on all kinds of non-TV small screens. this forum is truly ahead of 2003.

Nostradamxax
My house, my rules, my coffee

Jeremy Blackman

Greetings, fellow Xixaxers! The time has come once again to ask for donations. We've put a PayPal button at the bottom of the page.

Renewal time is approaching in March. I'll go through the details.

Here's a rundown of our recent cost history:

$78.75 – GoDaddy 3-Year Hosting & Domain (used some major coupons) – March 2013
• We then received a donation of $40.00 – April 2013
• Stopped asking for donations
$105.00 – Registered for DMCA compliance (so we won't get sued) – March 2015
$107.04 – GoDaddy 1-Year Hosting & Domain (no discounts for renewal) – March 2016

Total goal:
$250.79

More details for transparency:

March 2013

March 2016

Kal

Jeremy Blackman

N

Jeremy Blackman

Thanks much! :yabbse-grin:

One more donation and I'll change my avatar.

polkablues

If you're taking suggestions, I would like to nominate this gif of Eli Manning watching his brother win the Super Bowl.

Pedro

Jeremy Blackman

Let's get a few more contributions! We'll end the donation begging in less than two weeks. It would be lovely to wrap it up with a bang! (To mix metaphors. Unless you're mishandling fireworks.)

Tictacbk

Fine, but only slightly more than I donated to Bernie, because I've known Xixax longer.

Reel

Yeah, forget Bernie Sanders! Throw a little cash to the refuge you come to talk about 'Bernie' or 'Burn After Reading,  Bernardo Bertolucci, even Gael Garcia Bernal...

Jeremy Blackman

Congratulations, Xixax. You raised $184 to keep the site running!

We are genuinely humbled by the turnout. This is a pretty fantastic result, and in less than two months!

So we're good for now! I renewed our web hosting today. If you haven't, please consider donating sometime this year. Even small amounts are meaningful. (Technically a bit short of the goal, and renewal will come around again.) Donation begging stops today, though.

Thanks again, everyone.  :love:

polkablues

And we definitely used the money to renew the web hosting, not to organize an admin-only poker tournament, that's crazy talk and you should put it out your minds immediately.