Horror Movie Marathon 2005

Started by ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ, October 10, 2005, 11:56:10 PM

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Would anyone be up for it?

If so, let's discuss some times and movies, because I'd be totally for it...

Maybe follow a motif like "Black and White" or something.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

modage

who has time to watch horror movies?  :saywhat:
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

ono

MacGuffin

I was thinking about setting up a Xixax Chat while watching Halloween on Halloween night... But didn't think anyone one would be up for it, since the Kill Bill chat was such a hit last time.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: MacGuffinI was thinking about setting up a Xixax Chat while watching Halloween on Halloween night... But didn't think anyone one would be up for it, since the Kill Bill chat was such a hit last time.

Not all the chats have been that bad, though.

I'd join more if I knew people would be there (which I guess is the general mentality that leads to an empty chat).
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

hedwig

Quote from: walrus
Quote from: MacGuffinI was thinking about setting up a Xixax Chat while watching Halloween on Halloween night... But didn't think anyone one would be up for it, since the Kill Bill chat was such a hit last time.

Not all the chats have been that bad, though.

I'd join more if I knew people would be there (which I guess is the general mentality that leads to an empty chat).

i'd join.

ono

Gamblour.

I like the idea of a theme, but something better than just black and white. How bout a movie where someone gets killed while having sex, and it can't be a Jason movie. Hmm I actually can't think of anything besides Clerks, but that doesn't even apply.
WWPTAD?

MacGuffin

A HEADS-UP: Xixax.com will be sitting down to watch "John Carpenter's Halloween" for horror movies fans, those too old to trick-or-treat or for losers those not invited to parties.

DATE: Monday, October 31, 2005
TIME: 10:00pm Eastern / 9:00pm Central / 7:00pm Pacific

HOW IT WORKS: Just before 10:00pm Eastern time, participants will congregate in the Xixax.Com Chat Room. You can join the chat by clicking on the "chat" button on top of any page at Xixax.Com. Then, at precisely 10pm, everyone present in the chat room will begin watching that day's featured film on either DVD or VHS. While the movie plays, participants will discuss their favorite parts of that evening's movie - as it occurs.

QUESTIONS:
I don't have (film name). Can I still participate? If you don't have the movie we're going to watch, there's probably still time for you to purchase, rent or borrow it. Everyone is welcome, whether you're watching the film with us or not.
I don't understand. Are you watching the movies online? No. That would be public exhibition, which would be illegal. The way it works is that everyone watches DVD or VHS of the films in their own home, on their own TV, in their own DVD player or VCR. The films can't be shown online legally.
You're a freak. Why are you doing this? Because someone at xixax.com suggested it, and we thought it would be a lot of fun.
I still think you're a freak. OK then.

CHAT TECHNICAL STUFF: The chat area can be joined with our Java applet by clicking on "chat" at the top of the page. You'll need to have Java enabled in your web browser in order for this to work. Also, if you're behind a firewall, you may need to poke a hole for port 6667 in order to connect. Those familiar with IRC can join via any IRC client program by joing to room #xixax on server blazoner.com at port 6667.

See you there!
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

i'm going to try to watch the film tomorrow but not sure exactly what time i'm going to be getting home.  10 shouldnt be a problem but even so, my girlfriend'd kill me if i spent 2 hours on the computer.  but i will atleast try to stop by.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

JG

I'll be sure to stop in, but I have too much to do to stick aroudn the whole time.