Brett Ratner's PTA syndrome.

Started by Jon, April 02, 2003, 08:54:55 AM

MacGuffin

Quote from: JonIf he can make it I sure as fuck can.

Watch his student film and you'll not only think that, but truly believe it.

Fiennes' outtake about Michael Jackson was hilarious.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

oakmanc234

You have to remember that this is a guy who made it big in Hollywood with his Chris Tucker comedies.

He's not even in PTA's breathing zone.

But I liked 'Red Dragon'. Lucky for him he was blessed with such a cast, which featured two PTA players (PTA wannabe motherf***).
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

Sigur Rós

I sense a lot of hate in this room  :twisted:

oakmanc234

I dont hate him. But when someones a PTA wannabe mother***, they're a PTA wannabe mother f***.
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

©brad

reading a ratner interview is like putting a needle in your eye, especially if you are trying to make it in Hollywood. It's like, "how the fuck could this asshole make it and I can't?"

Newtron

The basic reason Ratner sucks so much is that he has NOTHING to say, is obviously all about the money, but acts like he has artistic merit. Making more Rush Hours ain't helpin'.

cowboykurtis

i saw an interview with A. Hopkins -- he said Rattner was the most enjoyable to work with out of the 3 -- obviously the other 2 being ridley scott and jonathan demme. Hopkinsis either very old and doesnt know what hes saying, or he got paid off. i cant imagine rattner would be more stimulating to work with then ridley scott or jonathan demme. i never paid attention to brett rattner before this thread -- you guys are making me dislike him more and more everday.
...your excuses are your own...

atticus jones

he is not old and definitely one of the most articulate men in this biz...tony's comments dont really surprise me...i mean...i believe all the folks on set were in awe of him and that awesome response would really put anyone in a positive state...you know what i mean...but anyway...i had dinner with some friends and was speaking to the camera operator on the project who relayed to me some intersting set "stuff"... edno and brat ner had a creative ego masturbatory tiff butt apparently when tony arrived the red sea parted and all shut the fuck up to watch the man do his thing...not that surprising really...look, rat is a fan of films and has learned to execute at a competent level...im not complimenting and im not condemning...jus sayin that fans usually are alot tougher on folks than contemporaries...you know what i mean...for what its worth...
aspiring filmmakers here should focus more energy on their own shit rather than the shit of others...oh damn...did i say that?...anyway...talk to you later...

atticus jones
my cause is the cause of a man who has never been defeated, and whose whole being is one all devouring, god given holy purpose

polkablues

Quote from: miss jonesaspiring filmmakers here should focus more energy on their own shit rather than the shit of others...oh damn...did i say that?...anyway...talk to you later...

atticus jones

What the... but... you mean this isn't Ain't it Cool News?
My house, my rules, my coffee

RegularKarate

Quote from: miss joneshe is not old and definitely one of the most articulate men in this biz...tony's comments dont really surprise me...i mean...i believe all the folks on set were in awe of him and that awesome response would really put anyone in a positive state...you know what i mean...but anyway...i had dinner with some friends and was speaking to the camera operator on the project who relayed to me some intersting set "stuff"... edno and brat ner had a creative ego masturbatory tiff butt apparently when tony arrived the red sea parted and all shut the fuck up to watch the man do his thing...not that surprising really...look, rat is a fan of films and has learned to execute at a competent level...im not complimenting and im not condemning...jus sayin that fans usually are alot tougher on folks than contemporaries...you know what i mean...for what its worth...
aspiring filmmakers here should focus more energy on their own shit rather than the shit of others...oh damn...did i say that?...anyway...talk to you later...

atticus jones

Ummm, that didn't rhyme

cine

Quote from: cowboykurtisi saw an interview with A. Hopkins -- he said Rattner was the most enjoyable to work with out of the 3 -- obviously the other 2 being ridley scott and jonathan demme. Hopkinsis either very old and doesnt know what hes saying, or he got paid off. i cant imagine rattner would be more stimulating to work with then ridley scott or jonathan demme. i never paid attention to brett rattner before this thread -- you guys are making me dislike him more and more everday.

I don't think it was that he was old or that he was paid off at all. I suspect Hopkins found him to be the most enjoyable probably because HE DIDN'T HAVE TO DO MUCH. All Ratner did was rip off Demme for the most part.. so essentially what directing did he have to do for Hopkins? It was a cake walk for AH because he was thinking, "been there, done that"
Thats my take on it at least.

Ernie

Quote from: Jon
If he can make it I sure as fuck can.

Hell yeah, I never even thought of it that way. That's awesome, thank you for saying that. I feel the same way. I've been looking for something to get my confidence up. I hadn't heard too much of the guy before this thread. Sounds like a real fucking idiot. Lester said it best...I should have quoted that whole thing...the bastard should just quit while nobody's heard of him. A pta/ratner rivalry would be the best thing ever though, Duck Sauce is also right. The guy is just a fuck. He sounds a lot like that senior I was talking about in my film study class actually...trying to like "real" film and all that. Rush Hour sucks dick, he screwed himself out of ever being a serious filmmaker if he made them...really now.

Oh yeah,
I must see his student film! I wanna see how little talent he has without the explosions and the fight scenes and the bad screenplay.

RegularKarate

Quote from: ebeaman69
Oh yeah,
I must see his student film! I wanna see how little talent he has without the explosions and the fight scenes and the bad screenplay.
Don't go dissin' Ted Tally now.

atticus jones

your confidence increases based on the criticism of another?...are you not the perfect product of the manipulative bullshit brainwashing of reality television? ...one day you may realize that having talent has as much to do with "making it" as having a cock has to do with getting laid...i dream of a world where our insecurities manifest themselves in art rather than commerce...in peace rather than war...in love rather than fear...

regretfully yours,

a fellow hue mang
my cause is the cause of a man who has never been defeated, and whose whole being is one all devouring, god given holy purpose

Cecil

Quote from: JonIf he can make it I sure as fuck can.

yeah, but then you need to be a studio puppet. if you care about your work or have something to say in your films, you wont like being a ratner jr.

sure you can make it, but at what price?