movies assholes dig

Started by pete, October 24, 2004, 11:23:11 AM

cowboykurtis

...your excuses are your own...

pete

dude, I started this thread to be a snob, but then some people totally took it the next level, and then people started reacting with "but ask yourself, WHO are you really?" and that kinda deep thinking.  I started this thread because some asshole guy I knew said he loved The Rock, and then it reminded me of all the other meatheads who loved The Rock, so I was like, I bet there are quite a few movies out there like that.

nevermind.

oh, and macguffin, I'd love to meet you in person some time in some bar.  we'll pretend we don't know each other.  I'll buy you a drink, you'll graciously nod, we'll make a couple of jokes about your weight problem.  we'll both get silent 'cause I thought I'd made one joke too many.  Then I'll whisper "relax guy, I'm just busting your balls."  You'll in turn, whisper, "why not bust them at my place?" and then we can leave together.  HOT SEX ON A STORMY NIGHT.  Steam will rise from your asshole like a chimney, like a manhole in manhattan.  Then to top the night off, I'll take a dozen movies out, and ask your asshole one by one, if you like each of the movies.  I can't wait.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Stefen

Wait, is macguffin gay or something?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Thrindle

Quote from: StefenWait, is macguffin gay or something?
No, I've slept with him as well...
Classic.

Stefen

Shut up Thrindle. IDIOT.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Thrindle

Quote from: StefenShut up Thrindle. IDIOT.
You're just sad you aren't on my list.   8)
Classic.

cine

It's funny cause you have a list.  :shock:

Thrindle

Quote from: CinephileIt's funny cause you have a list.  :shock:
It's funny you would care.
Classic.

socketlevel

Quote from: ono.
Quote from: Withnail & GarfunkelHow about, "Good movies assholes like for the wrong reasons".
Quote from: ono.Assholes just like a lot of movies for the wrong reasons.
:yabbse-thumbup:

This is the fucking best!

you guys are narrow-minded to even think your criteria for liking movies is superior to anyone else’s.  i like talking/arguing film but this is just ridiculous, the utter hypocrisy of the message board is so transparent it puts a smile on my face.

how about this one:  "Bad movies, that snobs like for the same reasons they accuse Jocks for liking them, yet they create their own deep meaning that doesn't actually exist in the context of said films; they do this so they can feel too-cool-for-christmas." (look to the most recent Wes Anderson thread for the meaning of this phrase)  Now that's a thread.

ie: fight club, clockwork orange (when push meets shove, ain't nothin' but shock value)

-sl-
the one last hit that spent you...

cine

Quote from: ThrindleIt's funny you would care.
I don't need to care to make a simple observation that you have a shopping list of people to sleep with.  8)

Thrindle

Quote from: Cinephile
Quote from: ThrindleIt's funny you would care.
I don't need to care to make a simple observation that you have a shopping list of people to sleep with.  8)
No no... I'm pursuing my slut persona, given by Stefen.  It's not who I WANT to sleep with, it's who I HAVE slept with.
Classic.

Stefen

Quote from: Thrindle

Yeah, well, you're on mine. "FAT CHICKS MACGUFFIN HAS BANGED"

Thrindle

Quote from: Stefen
Quote from: Thrindle

Yeah, well, you're on mine. "FAT CHICKS MACGUFFIN HAS BANGED"
And you're on the "Ugly guys I wouldn't fuck" list.
Classic.

pete

haha, you just used like 200 words to say "I'm an asshole."
I wonder if my hair will perm like pubic hair when I put my finger in your socket.

Quote from: socketlevel
Quote from: ono.
Quote from: Withnail & GarfunkelHow about, "Good movies assholes like for the wrong reasons".
Quote from: ono.Assholes just like a lot of movies for the wrong reasons.
:yabbse-thumbup:

This is the fucking best!

you guys are narrow-minded to even think your criteria for liking movies is superior to anyone else's.  i like talking/arguing film but this is just ridiculous, the utter hypocrisy of the message board is so transparent it puts a smile on my face.

how about this one:  "Bad movies, that snobs like for the same reasons they accuse Jocks for liking them, yet they create their own deep meaning that doesn't actually exist in the context of said films; they do this so they can feel too-cool-for-christmas." (look to the most recent Wes Anderson thread for the meaning of this phrase)  Now that's a thread.

ie: fight club, clockwork orange (when push meets shove, ain't nothin' but shock value)
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

ono

Quote from: socketlevelThis is the fucking best!
Yes.  Yes it is.
Quote from: socketlevelyou guys are narrow-minded to even think your criteria for liking movies is superior to anyone else's.
No.  No we're not.
Quote from: socketlevelie: fight club, clockwork orange (when push meets shove, ain't nothin' but shock value)
No.  No they aren't.  Try one of the best of the 90s, and one of the best of the 70s, both with messages much more complex than shock value.  Problem is, a lot of people (like you) like them (or hate them) for the wrong reasons.  Like shock value.  Thank you, drive through.