Star Trek

Started by MacGuffin, April 21, 2006, 11:30:29 AM

SiliasRuby

The more I think about this the more I agree with your points GT.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

OrHowILearnedTo

It was fun, but i though the whole "adventure" part of the film was little weak. Basically it boiled down to beaming on a ship, beating 4 guards and then their leader. Universe: Saved.  :yabbse-undecided:

Gamblour.

Quote from: RegularKarate on June 03, 2009, 11:05:53 AM
The non-franchised originals here in Austin are even better.  Come check one out sometime.

Oh, totally. I've never been to Austin, and could have on this past trip to Houston, but I really want to spend some time there. More than just a day passing through. But yes, I definitely will.
WWPTAD?

MacGuffin

'Trek' beams up homevid hologram
Bonus feature offers tour of U.S.S. Enterprise
Source: Variety

Paramount Home Entertainment's "Star Trek" DVD and Blu-ray release is about to again boldly go where no one has gone before -- with a bonus feature on the packaging that opens up an interactive tour of the U.S.S. Enterprise.

Expected to be one of the biggest home entertainment releases of the fourth quarter after its $375 million theatrical run, J.J. Abrams' re-imagined "Star Trek" will make its debut Nov. 17 with all the expected extras on the two-disc DVD and three-disc Blu-ray release.

With the packaging feature dubbed "augmented reality," consumers will be able to hold their disc packaging in front of any standard webcam to unlock an interactive hologram on the computer screen, through which they can tour five cabins on the Enterprise, even shooting enemies from the ship's deck.

Users will have to log in to a website to access the feature, but they control the hologram by holding the disc packaging.

"If you took the visual cue in the package and turned your hand, then you're turning the ship," Paramount homevideo senior VP of brand marketing Bob Buchi said.

The technology has been used before for magazine covers and other types of product packaging, though this is a first for a major home entertainment release.

An early version of the feature, which Paramount tried for the international theatrical release of the film, can be accessed at experience-the-enterprise.com.

Paramount will release three different disc versions of "Star Trek" -- a one-disc version with the movie and director commentary, and a bonus-packed two-disc DVD and three-disc Blu-ray. The two-disc DVD and Blu-ray versions will also include a digital copy of the movie.

Among the other extras on the high-end versions are deleted scenes, such as one with a baby Spock, ears and all. Another cut includes an abandoned storyline about the villainous Romulan mining captain, Nero (Eric Bana), and a look at Abrams' version of the warrior Klingons.

On the Blu-ray set is a BD-Live feature that connects viewers to live updates from space through NASA. Those who want to explore the film's space ships more can also click on the Star Fleet Vessel Simulator for a 360-degree view of the Enterprise and other ships.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Derek

Quote from: MacGuffin on March 31, 2009, 01:10:17 AM
'Star Trek' sequel on track
Paramount hires trio to pen screenplay
Source: Variety

As Paramount Pictures readies the May 8 release of its "Star Trek" franchise relaunch, the studio is moving forward with a sequel, and has hired Roberto Orci, Alex Kurtzman and Damon Lindelof to pen the screenplay.

J.J. Abrams, who directed and produced the latest chapter, is onboard to produce the follow-up alongside his Bad Robot partner Bryan Burk. No decision has been made yet on whether Abrams will return behind the camera for the sequel.

Orci, Kurtzman and Lindelof also are receiving producing credit on the sequel.

Story is still in the embryonic stage, but the trio are aiming to deliver their script to the Melrose studio by Christmas for what would likely be a summer 2011 release.

"There's obviously a lot of hubris involved in signing on to write a sequel of a movie that hasn't even come out yet," said Lindelof, co-creator with Abrams of ABC's "Lost" who produced the upcoming "Trek" but did not contribute to Orci and Kurtzman's screenplay. "But we're so excited about the first one that we wanted to proceed."

As for potential storylines, Kurtzman stressed that the writing team will wait to take a cue from fan reaction about which direction to go.

"Obviously we discussed ideas, but we are waiting to see how audiences respond next month," he said. "With a franchise rebirth, the first movie has to be about origin. But with a second, you have the opportunity to explore incredibly exciting things. We'll be ambitious about what we'll do."

Though Orci and Kurtzman have worked together as a writing team for more than 12 years, the duo has worked with Lindelof on only one screenplay: DreamWorks' "Cowboys and Aliens," which they are currently writing together.

Paramount has high hopes for the "Star Trek" relaunch, and is pulling out all the stops on the marketing front. Studio began a full-scale campaign six months before the film's May bow.

My thread about the sequel which officially has more of a green-light than the Dark Knight sequel (and has a 5 page standing in the Grapevine section for quite a while now...) has been relugated to purgatory. Heaven forbid there should be any discussion or speculation on a board such as this.

Thanks to whomever was the admin for this one.
It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

matt35mm

Years of conditioning has made it so that my immediate thought about the tissues was, "What about masturbation?"  I tried to find a masturbation reference in Derek's post.

I am ashamed of myself.  :oops:

diggler

as if a sequel wouldn't happen...
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

Derek

thanks stefen...

I just wanted to understand why my post was especially useless.
It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

Pas

I guess your post wasn't useless but your thread was... pretty simple actually and nothing to fuss about