The only real truth about Kubrick...

Started by AnubisGOJ, March 16, 2003, 09:03:02 AM

thadius sterling

I love all of Kubrick' Films, almost equally. He's my hero, heh

cine

thadius sterling

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

SiliasRuby

Quote from: thadius sterlingque
P, or pubrick is the definitive Kubrick fan. He adores all of his films and when cine said that pubrick was going to rape you, it (the post) sounded quite sly and quirky.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: SiliasRubyHe adores all of his films
With some notable exceptions.

SiliasRuby

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman
Quote from: SiliasRubyHe adores all of his films
With some notable exceptions.
Ah....ok. Which ones? Can someone give me a redirect link?

My Collection

Pubrick

Quote from: SiliasRubyAh....ok. Which ones? Can someone give me a redirect link?
http://xixax.com/viewtopic.php?p=184673#184673
under the paving stones.

SiliasRuby

My Collection

Pubrick

no idea where to put this.

i was just thinking about how kubrick said Eraserhead was his favourite film (at the time).. well here's the idea i had:

what if he was being sarcastic the whole time and the ppl he took to the screening were just too in awe to realise it? can you imagine that, he could have meant it like "hey guys come over my house and watch my favourite movie, Little Man."  he was coming off his biggest failure and in his usual frustration/obsession over his next project he could have been experiencing the germination of Jack Torrance's acerbic sarcasm. the invitation to the screening would be like the MONDAY sequence, when jack calls danny over to sit with him, and the son asks him if he likes the hotel and jack goes "i love this hotel, don't you?.... i love you danny, i love you more than anything in the whole world, and i'd never do anything to hurt ya ... come see my favourite movie, eraserhead ...   :crazyeyes: "

anyway, that just occurred to me while watching joe pesci in goodfellas.
under the paving stones.

Fernando

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Are you referring to Barry Lyndon as his biggest failure?  That would've been the most recent Kubrick film in relation to the release of Eraserhead, unless you mean A Clockwork Orange, but I'm only basing that on the fact that I know you didn't like it. 

Furthermore I don't think that Kubrick would hold screenings of Eraserhead out of achieving a punchline to some personal joke.  David Lynch was very ballsy as well as very set on his personal vision, which is something Kubrick would've found admirable.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Pubrick

Quote from: Fernando on March 02, 2007, 09:15:49 AM
Quote from: Pubrick on March 02, 2007, 08:50:10 AM
he was coming off his biggest failure

:yabbse-sad:

Don't give mod more ammo.
Quote from: Walrus on March 02, 2007, 09:50:15 PM
Are you referring to Barry Lyndon as his biggest failure?
yes that's why i said coming off it, and that's what fernando was referring to cos mod hates barryndon.

i've fixed it now, i shoulda said financial and "only" and "at the time". sigh, that wasn't the point of the post anyway.
under the paving stones.

cine

hey pubrick, maybe stop posting your personal thoughts.

Pubrick

under the paving stones.