Bruce Lee DVD's

Started by Bruce Lee, March 08, 2004, 08:22:01 PM

Bruce Lee

Not sure how many Bruce Lee fans there are here, but im a huge one.
I own quite a few dvd's and lot of Bruce Lee ones, the Hong Kong Legends (UK) are superb.
When i was over at the states, the one's there were absolutely shocking.

anybody own any Brucey dvds?

cine

See: Ravi & MacGuffin.

Bruce Lee

who the hell are they?

cine

They would be the ones who own the 'Brucey dvds.' You're a quick one, aren't you?

MacGuffin

Quote from: Bruce Leewho the hell are they?

The one that owns:

and

But...

Enter the Dragon SE Due in May
Two-disc set comes with new featurettes.

Warner Home Video has announced a two-disc special edition DVD of Bruce Lee's legendary film Enter the Dragon. The disc will hit shelves on May 18 for a suggested price of $26.95.

This was Lee's final completed film. In it, he played intelligence agency recruit who goes undercover as contestant in a Karate tournament to infiltrate a drug trafficking ring. Now more than 30 years old, many martial arts film fans feel it still has not been topped.

The new Enter the Dragon two-disc DVD will come with more than five hours of bonus material, including a brand new making-of documentary that explores Lee's motivation for making the film, the difficulties of filming on location in Hong Kong and other behind-the-scenes materials. Some are leftovers from the previous Enter the Dragon DVD release in 2002.

The specs are as follows:

Disc 1
Commentary by producer Paul Heller
Blood and Steel: The Making of Enter the Dragon
Bruce Lee: In His Own Words (vintage material)
Linda Lee Cadwell interview gallery
Lair of the Dragon - includes 1973 featurette and Backyard Workout with Bruce Lee.

Disc 2
Bruce Lee: A Warrior's Journey (vintage material)
Curse of the Dragon (vintage material)
Theatrical trailers
Television spots
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ravi

I wish they would just put the entire Lost Interview on this DVD instead of the In His Own Words featurette.  

Is this the same Curse of the Dragon documentary that has been on video for years?

I hear the UK discs are awesome.  The Fox box set is just recycled LD transfers.

Bruce Lee

MacGuffin, that box set totaly sucks monkey ass.
this is what you need,

Big Boss: (aka Fist of Fury)

Digitally re-mastered and restored DVD transfer.
16:9 Anamorphic version enhanced for widescreen TVs.
Feature length audio commentary by Hong Kong cinema expert Bey Logan.
Production Photo Gallery.
Animated biography showcase.
Original theatrical trailer (contains rare deleted footage).
Hong Kong promotional trailer.
UK promotional trailer.
Dual Language Presentation English and Cantonese with English and Dutch subtitles.

Fist of Fury: (aka the chinese connection)

16:9 Anamorphic version enhanced for widescreen TV.
Animated Biography Showcase.
Audio commentary by Hong Kong Cinema expert Bey Logan.
Rare Photo Archive.
AC3 5:1 Digital Audio.
Original Theatrical Trailer.
UK Promotional Trailer.
Dual language format (Original Cantonese & English Dubbed).
Subtitling: Dutch & English.
Production Photo Gallery.

Way of the Dragon (aka return of the dragon)

Optimum bite-rate transfer to maximise viewing quality
Digitally re-mastered for widescreen TVs
Dolby Digital 5.1 Audio
Dual language format(English dubbed and Cantonese with English subtitles
Interview with Robert Lee
Bruce Lee trailer archive,including rare theatrical trailers
Inside "Way Of The Dragon" with Production Manager interviews
"Memories of the Master" featurette:Bruce's training partner(Pat Johnson) reveals fascinating anecdotes of Bruce's relationship with Chuck Norris and Steve McQueen.
"Dragon Rising":a re-mastered transfer of Bruce Lee's only remaining screentest
Commentary by Hong Kong cinema expert Bey Logan
"Behind the Legend":a new photo gallery showcasing rare behind the scenes pictures donated by collectors
"Artist and Warrior":An exclusive interview with Bruce's friend and co-star Tony Lau Wing

Game of Death:

2:35:1 Anamorphic Version enhanced for widescreen TVs.
Feature length audio commentary with Bey Logan.
Dolby Digital 5.1 audio.
Bruce Lee trailer archive.
Deleted scenes from 1978 edition.
Rare photo archive (including production stills, posters and original lobby card artwork).
Legacy of the Dragon (exclusive documentary on Bruce Lee and the Game of Death phenomenon).
History of Jeet Kune Do (Bruce Lee's fighing art). Biography showcase for principal starts.
Game of Death Re-visited featurette-40 minute edit of the original Game of Death fottage in accordance with Bruce Lee's script notes.
Dan Inosanto Jeet Kune Do Seminar.
Gate of Death Retrospective.
Interview Gallery.
Fully Animated Menus.

its the best addition you can buy.

oh i also have my own bruce lee forum/website....at
www.bruceleeforum.tk/

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

MacGuffin

Quote from: Bruce LeeMacGuffin, that box set totaly sucks monkey ass.
this is what you need

And I would need a Region Free player.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Bruce Lee

I only do multi region, as every dvd varies....
got a load of uncut from Norway and loads from the states, japan etc

GoneSavage

Copy and paste MacGuffin's pictures here - got the box set and Enter the Dragon.  The mirror sequence at the end of Dragon is amazing.  It's good to see such a legendary film icon is posting here.

cine

Quote from: GoneSavageIt's good to see such a legendary film icon is posting here.
Finally, I'm starting to get some recognition around here.

pete

didn't A&E have a good documentary on the guy?  A Warrior's Journey or something, with the last hour of "Game of Death" finally shown in its full glory.  That was cool.  He did a pretty good job directing such epic duels.  People don't realize that how much of his films were directed by him.
I'm a huge Bruce Lee buff, movie-wise and martial arts-wise (and drug habit-wise), I visited his grave two years ago in Seattle, it was a moving experience.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Bruce Lee

the only drug he took was aparantly a bit of cannabis, as he liked to chew the root and bake some hash cookies, to calm him down.
understandable as it was the 70's.

bonanzataz

Quote from: Cinephile
Quote from: GoneSavageIt's good to see such a legendary film icon is posting here.
Finally, I'm starting to get some recognition around here.

i had a dream last night where i had to solve a mystery (which is usually the way my dreams go) and mr. t was the key to unlocking the riddle. i forget how it all happened, but i'm pretty sure that was your av in my subconscious making me dream about mr. t. just thought i'd share.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls