NEON MERCURY's ++ ps360ii Lite ++ thread -weaning you off WoW since 07

Started by NEON MERCURY, November 09, 2003, 08:52:13 PM

squints

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

squints

So who's been traversing the land of skyrim?

I have....for 10 hours the other day...forever alone

FUS DO RAH!!!!
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

analogzombie

I was playing Skyrim, then I took an arrow to the knee... now I play Saints Row 3.
"I have love to give, I just don't know where to put it."

polkablues

My house, my rules, my coffee

Stefen

Been doing crazy gaming this year. Knee deep in Skyrim right now. It's incredible.

Still playing NBA 2K12. In my 4th season in MyPlayer. Been playing on 12 minute quarters so it's taken awhile. I was drafted 14th by the Sixers. Took the starting role from Jrue Holiday halfway through the season and averaged 16pts and 6 assists. We were garbage though. 2nd season I averaged 19pts 7asts. Barely missed the playoffs. 3rd season I averaged 23pts 9asts and made the all-star team and 1st team all-nba as well as third in MVP. 54 win season and 3rd seed in the East. Lost in the second round to the Bulls. Negotiated my contract with a few teams and decided to go with the Clippers for 5 years, $70mil to play with Blake Griffin. Just started my 4th season.

Also playing a lot of XBLA games on 360 and PSN games on PS3. Limbo was really great. Playing Final Fantasy 5 now on PS3 since it was free on PlayStation Plus. Looking forward to Alan Wake's American Nightmare and I Am Alive. Also have UFC 3 coming later this week. It's getting good reviews so I hope it's better than the other ones.

What's everyone else playing?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Jeremy Blackman

mogwai

So the Assassin's Creed are shite or not? Been thinking about buying the two first ones.

cinemanarchist

Quote from: Christian on November 06, 2012, 05:26:14 AM
So the Assassin's Creed are shite or not? Been thinking about buying the two first ones.

I'm with you...though I do hear they are putting them out together on one disc or something but only for ps3. I'm currently playing Dishonored and I'm pretty "meh" on it. Word building not nearly as good as Bioshock, though I can't speak for the Assassin's Creed like assassinations.
My assholeness knows no bounds.

polkablues

Skip the first Assassin's Creed, start with the second one. And yeah, if you have a PS3, in a week or two they're releasing Assassin's Creed 2, Brotherhood, and Revelations all in a pack together, so you might want to hold off until then.

mogwai

Quote from: polkablues on November 06, 2012, 10:14:26 AM
Skip the first Assassin's Creed, start with the second one. And yeah, if you have a PS3, in a week or two they're releasing Assassin's Creed 2, Brotherhood, and Revelations all in a pack together, so you might want to hold off until then.

Thanks. What's wrong with the first one?

polkablues

Repetitive, not very compelling storyline, a lot of flawed game mechanics that they improved immeasurably in the second game. You can always go back and play the first one if you end up liking the series, but I wouldn't recommend it being the first Assassin's Creed game that you try.

RegularKarate

if you can get a super cheap version of the first one or if you can borrow it, play it for just a little bit to get the idea of the story (if it hasn't been ruined for you) and then once you get a little bored by its repetitiveness, jump to the second one.

I'm not a huge gamer, but I loved the second one... here is what I want to know... are the other two worth playing or should I just jump to 3?

polkablues

I think Brotherhood is actually the best of the three Ezio games. Revelations is still worth playing if you're a fan of the series, but definitely play Brotherhood.

So far, 3 is good, but with caveats. There are so many side missions and extra things you can do, but they never bothered to make it feel like they're connected to the main game at all. It's also super buggy, which is somewhat to be expected of a huge open-world game, but at times it seems particularly bad.

polkablues

If anyone doesn't own a PS3, there is a very compelling reason to get one next May:

Frederico Fellini

^^^^ Gerard Butler and Ellen Page going around killing zombies?  AWESOME.
We fought against the day and we won... WE WON.

Cinema is something you do for a billion years... or not at all.