Happy Accidents

Started by bonanzataz, March 11, 2003, 08:55:48 PM

bonanzataz

Netflix said that based on my queue list I would enjoy this film and it got me reminiscing. I went to the premiere of this movie and afterwards met Marisa Tomei, Vincent Donofrio, and Brad Anderson (the director) at the after-party. I remember really enjoying it. I hate romantic comedies but I thought this one was really special and I thought it was a shame it didn't get a much wider release. If people had discovered it, it could have become a small hit. It's one of those time travel romances but it really doesn't feel like it. It has so much going for it. Much more than I'm sure Kate and Leopold had anyway. Anybody else seen it?
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Duck Sauce

Quote from: bonanzatazNetflix said that based on my queue list I would enjoy this film and it got me reminiscing.

Netflix told me Id like Con Air

Ghostboy

I was due to go to a Press Screening of this...on the morning of 9/11

In retrospect, I wish I'd gone.

©brad

Quote from: bonanzatazNetflix said that based on my queue list I would enjoy this film and it got me reminiscing. I went to the premiere of this movie and afterwards met Marisa Tomei, Vincent Donofrio, and Brad Anderson (the director) at the after-party. I remember really enjoying it. I hate romantic comedies but I thought this one was really special and I thought it was a shame it didn't get a much wider release. If people had discovered it, it could have become a small hit. It's one of those time travel romances but it really doesn't feel like it. It has so much going for it. Much more than I'm sure Kate and Leopold had anyway. Anybody else seen it?

fuck me, im moving to LA. going to premieres and parties and getting drunk with Marisa Tomei? why can't they have premieres in athens, GA?

Him

weird, i'd never even heard of that film, and usually most american movies make it to video release at the least. odd.

actually, speaking of happy accidents, there's this really cool movie quote quiz that you should all check out.

it's at http://www.empireonline.co.uk/bigmoviequotequiz/. i got half marks first time around with no help, and now i'm starting to cheat a little i'm only missing seven.

cowboykurtis

speaking of brad anderson. what did you guys think of his film session 9?
...your excuses are your own...

polkablues

Quote from: cowboykurtisspeaking of brad anderson. what did you guys think of his film session 9?

I liked it.  Not great, but good.  Peter Mullan is always the man, and it even used Caruso well.
My house, my rules, my coffee