Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

Started by Weird. Oh, June 13, 2004, 03:17:13 AM

Weird. Oh

I know this show put a twist on the Cosby Show but it was one of my faves when I was younger. Favorite episode has to be when Will and Carlton get stuck in Vegas because they lost all their money. And they enter the dance competition to get the Tickets back. Any other fans?
The more arguments you win, the fewer friends you will have.

Pubrick

like all sitcoms about rich ppl in mansions, the best character was the butler geoffrey. too bad (kinda funny) he ended up on bold and the beautiful, totally typecast.

carlton was funny too. and when they changed the chick playing the mother.
under the paving stones.

matt35mm

I don't remember them changing the mom!

Hmm...

Anyway yeah, another show that I grew up with.  Pretty decent and fun.

mogwai

Quote from: matt35mmI don't remember them changing the mom!
janet hubert-whitten got fired from "fresh prince of bel-air" because of pregnancy.

the first mom

the second mom

source: imdb.com & wb's fresh prince of bel-air

ElPandaRoyal

They replayed the whole series around here until very recently. Some really funny moments. Not my favourite sitcom, but enjoyable.
Si

pete

Quote from: mogwai
Quote from: matt35mmI don't remember them changing the mom!
janet hubert-whitten got fired from "fresh prince of bel-air" because of pregnancy.

that's right, how can you be a mom when you're pregnant?
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

NEON MERCURY

yeah this show had that 90s thang ......i  always thought the older sister was attractive......

picolas

Quote from: NEON MERCURYi always thought the older sister was attractive......
the choir teacher at my school was a hand double for her.

mostly unfunny.. saw only a couple of episodes all the way through, but there was this one joke that always stood out in my mind.. "if we're so rich, how come we can't afford a roof?" then pan up to the studio lights and blackness.

tpfkabi

i wondered why they changed moms.
it's a tad bit ironic the other mother actually had a kid on the show, little Nicky.

Will Smith actually showed some strong acting chops on the one where his truck driver dad comes to pay him a visit. at the end, he and Uncle Phil talk about his dad and then the camera focuses on a father/son scupture
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

mogwai

Quote from: bigideasWill Smith actually showed some strong acting chops on the one where his truck driver dad comes to pay him a visit. at the end, he and Uncle Phil talk about his dad and then the camera focuses on a father/son scupture
aw man, when will breaks down and uncle phil hugs him so hard that his cap falls off. i agree, that's a great episode. one other is when will is shot by a robber and carlton has a gun to protect himself.

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: NEON MERCURYi  always thought the older sister was attractive......

:yabbse-thumbup:
Si

Slick Shoes

A World Apart

Quote from: Slick ShoesI dance like Carlton.

Oh My Glory! You must be quite the catch with the ladies. I think Carlton was by far my favorite character on there.

"For a long time it gave me nightmares... witnessing an injustice like that... it's a constant reminder of just how unfair this world can be... I can still hear them taunting him... silly rabbit, tricks are for kids... I mean, WHY COULDN'T THEY JUST GIVE HIM SOME CEREAL?"

:lol:
No, I've never seen that, I've never seen anyone drive their garbage out to the curb and bang the hell out of it with a stick.

pete

you don't dance like carlton man--that dude can DANCE.  He's been moonwalking since he was about like 6 in that Pepsi commercial.  remember that episode when they went to soul train and carlton just busted it out?  You do not dance like carlton.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Alethia

my favorite was when will and carlton got trapped on the mountain in the middle of the blizzard while everyone else was at the ski lodge.  they decided to ski down the slope and they caused an avalanche...everyone in the ski lodge, wondering where they are, hears will belt out a really loud deep-voiced scream...then they ask, "hey where's carlton?" then they hear a really high pitched "ahhhhhhhh!!!"

hehe