Interview with WB Sr. VP George Feltenstein

Started by Ravi, November 01, 2004, 08:14:04 PM

Ravi

MacGuffin

The following is a complete transcript of the on-line chat with executives from Warner Home Video, held on Monday, March 29th on The Home Theater Forum.

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/articles/033005htfchat.html
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

matt35mm

SON OF A BITCH.  I definitely could've and would've waited for 2006 for Kubrick SE's.  I should've known there would eventually be better versions than these bare-bones DVDs that have been available so far.

Well, you know what they say.  Could've, Would've, Should've.

modage

i'm glad to have waited on All The Presidents Men, Network and Dog Day Afternoon.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Redlum

Damn. Dog Day Afternoon!?Ah well. It'll be worth it.

Thanks for those links. Especially the main interview, I found it fascinating. I love the fact that even film preservation and restoration has a romantic quality to it - finidng lost treasures you never knew existed and lost prints of Singin' in the Rain etc.

Another reason why I hope film lives on. You can go back and remaster films made over 50 years ago and still achieve greater detail with the higher resolution scanners that are available today and tomorrow. Once HD is captured (presently at a resolution far lower than that of film) it will never be able to be improved upon.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas