Criterion Discs

Started by Myxo, January 16, 2004, 01:14:40 PM

ono

If your town has a Borders, skip Best Buy's crappy selection and go there.  Now THAT is a candy store.  Barring that, go with Seven Samurai or Scenes from a Marriage.

Sleuth

Guess which Criterion is the only one I own, guess.
I like to hug dogs

Stefen

Seven Samurai definetely, its one of those dvds you have to have in your collection to show you really are a movie fan, along with both seven dvds, the flipper and the black case one.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

MacGuffin

Quote from: SleuthGuess which Criterion is the only one I own, guess.

"Royal Tenenbaums"
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoise"?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Sleuth

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: SleuthGuess which Criterion is the only one I own, guess.

"Royal Tenenbaums"

You win again!
I like to hug dogs

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Walrus, Kookookajoob
Last Temptation of Christ
Time Bandits
Scenes from a Marriage
Seven Samurai
Samurai Collection
Hitchcock Box Set

you needest this:

time bandits is ghey
scene from a marriage is too swedish
7 samurias is too ugly a crackterion.i think a new and pimped out one will be released soon...so wait........
samurai collection is whack and you are  better off getting the other samurai trilogy...[i.e. the karate kid trilogy].....
hitchcock  is over priced.........

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: Stefenits one of those dvds you have to have in your collection to show you really are a movie fan, along with both seven dvds, the flipper and the black case one.

What if you sold your Seven flipper?  Am I not a real movie fan?   :oops:

I have both versions of The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.   :-D

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Neon, I read your post too late as I decided to end my anticipation.

(Does anyone else get as exceedingly happy to unravel the Criterion?)

So, I decided not to go to Best Buy.  Because, as I stated, the selection was ass.

I went to Suncoast instead (because the selection is...worse, yeah I know, but they're different).  So at Suncoast they had...

Last Temptation
Seven Samurai
Knife in the Water

and of course, the DVD I've wanted ever since I knew what Criterion was.  I had always admired it, and it seemed unattainable due to it's $39.99 price tag, but ladies and gentlemen, I am now the proud owner of

8 1/2.

And I have to say, it feels great.

I started watching it with my mom (who had the weirdest look on her face when he was like "Be more...more...slutty.")  I had to watch it, and she was in the room.  Oh, this movie blows my mind.

So, Neon.  My next film will definitely be LTOC.  Thank you for your suggestions and evaluations.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

MacGuffin

Quote from: SleuthYou win again!

Want me to tell you the contents of your refrigerator?
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Sleuth

name 5 objects in my refrigerator, and don't name easy stuff like milk
I like to hug dogs

once, a friend of mine left my cigarettes inside the fridge.
context, context, context.

Fernando

That's nothing, I've seen cassettes and granny glasses there.

mogwai

i have nothing in my fridge, can i have some sort of a award now?

Alethia

i have a shrunken head in mine.