something that may be stupid but still interesting...

Started by NEON MERCURY, June 28, 2003, 09:54:28 PM

NEON MERCURY

the first pee-wee movie

a

later day

"Bicycle Thief"

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :oops:  :lol:  :?

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: tremoloslothI think that's mentioned in the commentary

then i guess  i  am right??????

-just a random thought that  i wanted to ex--spress
and see others opinions

ShanghaiOrange

Pee Wee's Big Adventure is better than The Bicycle Thief, but just barely. :(
Last five films (theater)
-The Da Vinci Code: *
-Thank You For Smoking: ***
-Silent Hill: ***1/2 (high)
-Happy Together: ***1/2
-Slither: **

Last five films (video)
-Solaris: ***1/2
-Cobra Verde: ***1/2
-My Best Fiend: **1/2
-Days of Heaven: ****
-The Thin Red Line: ***

bonanzataz

yeah, i noticed that too. the scene where pee wee is seeing all the people riding bicycles in town is directly of out bicycle thief.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

modage

see what i mean?  thats how great comedies used to be.  even the so-called stupid ones had really great nods to other movies.  like the Seventh Seal in Bill and Teds Bogus Journey and The Bicycle Theif in Pee Wees Big Adventure.  you wont see that kind of stuff in Dumb and Dumberer.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Alethia

ProgWRX

Pee-Wee's big adventure was a staple of my upbringing, and i plan to do the same to my kids. There are just too many great things about it!
-Carlos

Ravi

PBA is a fun comedy devoid of any cynicism or mean-spiritedness, which is rare among modern comedies.  It's just feel good fun.  And Elizabeth Daily is as cute as a button.

The scene with the escaped prisoner is great.  I love the look he gives Pee Wee when he's dressed up as a woman.  Could someone post a cap of that?