The Amazing Spider-Man

Started by MacGuffin, November 01, 2007, 12:36:55 AM

Sleepless

That photo is clearly photoshopped. How does a four-limbed individual otherwise cast a shadow of an eight-limbed creature. It's a FAKE. That's right, I'm calling it before RK.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

72teeth

dude, ur totally right, look at his face! it's not even toby!
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Neil

Quote from: Pubrick on August 07, 2011, 09:32:05 PM
Renig is a common misspelling of renege. Even reneg, without the final E, is more acceptable, as it retains at the very least the same pronunciation. Renig is a completely bastardized version that doesn't even sound like the original. It would be like saying pig when you mean peg.

It's interesting that you say my spelling looks less racist, it suggests that you have not only been misspelling but mispronouncing it too. The word renege rhymes with EGG. So the noun reneger neither looks nor sounds particularly racist. It's not a matter of tomAYto tomAHto because that word is spelled the same way to both speakers, it's more like the way so many people now say simetic instead of semitic. There is a difference.

The only way you could be excused in writing renig would be if you can't tell the difference between the way peg and pig sound, that is if your accent legitimately does not distinguish between the two vowel sounds. People who talk like that are called New Zealanders.

Easily one of the most informative posts i've ever read.

thanks p.
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks

pete

man that looked faker than the 2002 version.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Pubrick

Quote from: pete on May 15, 2012, 12:54:52 AM

Could it just be the 3D?

I don't know if it looked faker than usual fakeness but the whole thing, even the non CGI stuff, looked extremely crisp and heavily outlined. Like they had brushed along the  edge of every face/car/building.

Doesn't look like this film will have any iconic set piece, or maybe they just haven't animated it yet. Andrew Garfield's neck is really distracting. He should have played Stork-man.
under the paving stones.

pete

Quote from: Pubrick on June 05, 2012, 10:03:44 AM
Quote from: pete on May 15, 2012, 12:54:52 AM

Could it just be the 3D?

I don't know if it looked faker than usual fakeness but the whole thing, even the non CGI stuff, looked extremely crisp and heavily outlined. Like they had brushed along the  edge of every face/car/building.

I didn't see it in 3d, I just thought those cars looked cartoony as fuck.
the "outline" effect is very popular in photography ("clarity slider" as it's commonly known in photo editing) and I think it's done via pushing for contrast in a narrow range of midtones.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Pubrick on June 05, 2012, 10:03:44 AMAndrew Garfield's neck is really distracting. He should have played Stork-man.

I find his big hair more distracting.

Robyn

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on June 05, 2012, 09:44:17 PM
Quote from: Pubrick on June 05, 2012, 10:03:44 AMAndrew Garfield's neck is really distracting. He should have played Stork-man.

I find his big hair more distracting.

What are you guys talking about? Garfield is probably the only reason why I'm seeing this.

Reel

nitpicking Garfield's appearance is more distracting than anything else

Jeremy Blackman

Yeah he's not bad, he just needs a haircut. Maybe he has a really nasty scalp.

modage

Bad news. This movie is not amazing.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.