The Simpsons Movie

Started by MacGuffin, April 01, 2006, 07:25:07 AM

MacGuffin

'Simpsons' movie revealed in trailer
Source: Hollywood Reporter

Homer Simpson hit the big screen on Friday in a short teaser trailer announcing "The Simpsons" movie.

The "Simpsons" teaser debuted prior to the opening of 20th Century Fox's latest animated film "Ice Age: The Meltdown." The clip announces Fox's July 27, 2007 release date for "The Simpsons" movie.

The animated 25-second clip opens on a giant superhero S. "Leaping his way onto the silver screen," intones a narrator, "the greatest hero in American history!" Cut to Homer Simpson sitting on his couch in his tighty whities. "I forgot what I was supposed to say," he says. The narrator continues, " 'The Simpsons Movie,' coming to the screen, July 27, 2007." "Uh, uh," says Homer, "we better get started."

The "Simpsons" clip discretely went out to theaters as part of a combo-trailer that includes Fox's "Garfield: A Tale of Two Kitties." The same clip is expected to air during "The Simpsons" television show Sunday night.

The long-running animated television series created by Matt Groening and developed by James L. Brooks is currently being adapted for the big screen at Film Roman Studios in Burbank.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Gamblour.

I'm sure it will involve them going somewhere or on a road trip of sorts.
WWPTAD?

mogwai

the movie will run for 105 minutes. it'll be mainly about why they deserve a 22 minute long show. there will be a mixture of real live footage and animation. a minute will be animated by pixar.

i'm PUMPED!

Ravi

Quote from: Garam on April 01, 2006, 09:08:58 AM
The Simpsons are going to Europe! Africa! Asia! South America! Australia! Antarctica!

Homer becomes an actor singer chef janitor economist!

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I heard that's its subtitle is Maggie Simpson: The Untold Story.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

hedwig

I politely but firmly disagree with Mr. Garam. This will be the greatest achievement of humanity ever. Haters can lick my sac. :yabbse-thumbup:

Pubrick

Quote from: Hedwig on April 01, 2006, 11:49:58 PM
I politely but firmly disagree with Mr. Garam. This will be the greatest achievement of humanity ever. Haters can lick my sac.  :yabbse-thumbup:
i don't know what you're basing that on. i'd like to believe the last 5 years they've been saving the best jokes for the movie.. just like the best writers went to futurama. i won't be sure until the new futurama episodes come out, cos if they are still as good as ever (they never waned), then there is hope in the simpsons camp.
under the paving stones.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

squints

once again proof why mac is the messiah of movie trailers.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

picolas

i think Homer overplayed it. Burns was good.

MacGuffin

Simpsons Movie Plot Revealed?

To recap: Several months went by after The Simpsons feature film was announced last summer until, finally, last week, things really started to heat up. Harry Shearer (Mr. Burns, Ned Flanders, etc..) divulged that the film was going ahead and that the cast had already starting laying down dialogue. He told us the movie would not be R-rated, but did admit to it being edgier than the television show.

Over the weekend, word got out that a teaser for the flick had already landed on the big screen in front of Ice Age: The Meltdown and then, today, that same teaser hit the internet. Now, with The Simpsons causing more of a stir than Sharon Stone after watching Basic Instinct Poo - er - 2 plummet at the box office, comes possible details of a Simpson's plot. According to AICN, Krusty the Clown's nephew emailed them ( I assume that's a humorous alias) to shell out more details about the movie, including its storyline.

The nephew informed us that all of the original cast and writers are involved in the production. If that includes some of the old schoolers like Conan O'Brien, then that can mean very good things. Very. Good. Things. Oh, and about that plot? (The sentence following this one may contain SPOILERS, so if you get freaked out by that sort of thing, then stop reading right now.) Well, according to Krusty's nephew, the story will surround Homer goofing up at the power plant and causing the government to place a dome over Springfield. There you have it folks! If the information is correct, the Simpsons will be living in a bubble come 2008.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ravi

I'm sure they're circulating some fake stories and scripts to throw people off the track.

Weird. Oh

maybe i'm wrong but hasn't this been a rumor for like 10 years? I haven't watched the new episodes in a long ass time (last episode was when they had the rock and roll band camp with Elvis Costello, Tom Petty, et al). I mean I swear maybe it was just a myth, but like 10 years I heard they were gonna do a virtual reality type movie like in the one episode where Homer fell in a dumpster and went into the Erotic Cake store, I think it was a Treehouse of Horror ep. Anyone know about that? And I do like The Simpsons but isn't this a little late. What can they really do on the big screen that they haven't done on the tube?
The more arguments you win, the fewer friends you will have.

Ravi

Quote from: Tom Cruise Is A  Weirdo on April 05, 2006, 02:41:45 AM
What can they really do on the big screen that they haven't done on the tube?

Space tra- oh wait, nevermind.

MacGuffin

Quote from: Garam on April 04, 2006, 04:26:37 PM
If Swartzwelder's involved, I'm happy.

As long as he isn't smoking whatever he was smoking when he wrote 'Kill the alligator and run' and 'Simpson Safari'.

The Simspsons Movie Director Announced

The Simpsons Movie is coming in July of 07, we all know that by know, but according to the good folks over at AICN, the director and writers from the project are already in place as well (I suppose they'd have to be at this point if the film is coming out in a year).

Here's what they had to say:

THE SIMPSONS MOVIE is written by Matt Groening, James L. Brooks, Al Jean, Brian Scully, Ian Maxtone-Graham, George Meyer, David Mirkin, Mike Reiss, Matt Selman, John Swartzwelder, and Jon Vitti. In related news, Reuters is reporting that David Silverman, co-director of Pixar's MONSTERS, INC., director of many SIMPSONS episodes (and now the series' "supervising director") is helming the movie.

Skeleton FilmWorks