Troy

Started by Sigur Rós, October 31, 2003, 01:12:17 PM

Sigur Rós

Release Date: May 14, 2004
Studio: Warner Bros.
Director: Wolfgang Petersen
Screenwriter: David Benioff
Starring: Brad Pitt, Eric Bana, Orlando Bloom, Sean Bean, Diane Kruger, Peter O'Toole, Rose Byrne, Brian Cox, Julie Christie, Saffron Burrows,
Movie Poster
stills

Nice  :shock:

kotte

Check out the trailer.

Pretty fuckin awesome I think...

ElPandaRoyal

Si

Banky

yeah i like that reveal at the beggin of the trailer

coffeebeetle

This looks like alot of fun, I concur..... :-D
more than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. one path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. the other, to total extinction. let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
woody allen (side effects - 1980)

SHAFTR

This is now one of the films I am looking forward to seeing.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

cine

to the casting of Peter O'Toole. I like seeing mainstream films released that are educational for people. Especially epics like this that aren't made anymore.

Raikus

Everything looks great about it, but I still can't help being apprehensive about it. Nearly every time a story from Greek Mythology is told, the writers butcher it to fulfill their message or need. I had high hopes for the Troy miniseries on USA earier this year and they just butchered the Illiad because I guess (?) they were trying to make a better movie.

Hopefully they'll be true to Homer with this one.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

kotte

Quote from: RaikusHopefully they'll be true to Homer with this one.

From what I've read on the website it sounds like they will.

MacGuffin

Premise: In 1193 B.C., Prince Paris (Bloom) of Troy stole the beautiful Greek woman, Helen (Kruger), away from her husband, Menelaus, the king of Sparta, setting the two nations at war with each other, as the Greeks began a bloody siege of Troy using their entire armada, led by Achilles (Pitt), that lasted over a decade... (Bana plays Hector, the leader of the Trojan forces; Byrne plays Briseis, a Trojan slave and cousin of Hector and Paris who is given to Achilles as a gift.)
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Sigur Rós

I've red the Iliade. From what I've seen and heard this movie has removed everything about the gods.

phil marlowe

i saw the trailer before revolutions and i thought it looked pretty huge. i fear that this could turn out just as gay as gladiator though.

Sigur Rós

Quote from: phil marlowei fear that this could turn out just as gay as gladiator though.

You could be right but remember that Russel Crowe ain't Brad Pitt. + The Iliade is a classic and the rest of the cast looks smashing.

kotte

Quote from: Sigur
Quote from: phil marlowei fear that this could turn out just as gay as gladiator though.

You could be right but remember that Russel Crowe ain't Brad Pitt. + The Iliade is a classic and the rest of the cast looks smashing.

Am I the only one who loved Gladiator...?

Ah well...Troy's got potential.

phil marlowe

Quote from: Sigur
well gladiator had ridley scott as director and good actors like richard harris and joaquin phoenix, i sincerily doubt it was crowes fault that this movie was bad.

if troy will be good i will give all credit to peter o'toole, one of the last of his kind of dual phallic hollywood actors.