Minority Report

Started by pumba, May 12, 2003, 05:30:21 PM

pumba

Is it just me or did this movie suck asshole with diameter 5?

I know it was fiction but i just didn't make any sense..plus it was incredibly shitty. I especially hated tha scene in the greenhouse where the record for saying the movie title in a movie is shattered. they must have said Minority Report 17 times. Also i love how Tom Cruise uses his eyes to get back into the police department..i guess they should have made sure he couldnt get back into the fucking building

and one other thing..why the hell doesnt the Pre Cogs supervisor know where the flush goes? I would hope he knew where it goes...he only fucking built it.

those are my 11 cents,

i love you

cowboykurtis

its a movie -- great, there are some unplausible elements -- we're not talking about key evidence in a murder trial -- it's entertainment...
...your excuses are your own...

Cecil

i just saw it this morning and thought it sucked.

"when you dig for the past, all you get is dirty."

and

"lets go on the bed"
"lets do it here"
"the bed is soft"
"im soft"

ughh

spielberg does it again

SoNowThen

Yeah, Minority Report ate ass. Paul Verhoven was supposed to do this way back in the day as Total Recall 2. It would've been so much better, because he would have forgone the "wrap everything up neat" ending and all the sentimental fake shit Spielberg does so well. The only thing good about this film was the photography. Besides that, another bad rip-off of everything Kubrick does so much better.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Sleuth

Well, I thought it was good
I like to hug dogs

xerxes

i enjoyed it... aside from the spielberg ending.

phil marlowe

you guys suck. not only was minority report one of the best movie of the year, it was also one of the best sience fiction movies ever. okay, maybe it wasnt your cup of tea, but saying it sucked? thats a litteral insane statement.

cowboykurtis

Quote from: Phil Marloweyou guys suck. not only was minority report one of the best movie of the year, it was also one of the best sience fiction movies ever. okay, maybe it wasnt your cup of tea, but saying it sucked? thats a litteral insane statement.

agreed to the denth degree -- you're a bunch of momma's boys.
...your excuses are your own...

phil marlowe

reasons why minority report sucked:

- it was made by a way to succesfull director
- it starred popular actors like cruise and farrel
- the special effect were too good
- it wasnt a slow, dark or melancolic drama
- it had complete control of the narative and was never boring
- it wasnt french
- way too many 'ordinary' people liked it

Sleuth

Quote from: Phil Marlowereasons why minority report sucked:

- it was made by a way to succesfull director
- it starred popular actors like cruise and farrel
- the special effect were too good
- it wasnt a slow, dark or melancolic drama
- it had complete control of the narative and was never boring
- it wasnt french
- way too many 'ordinary' people liked it

funny stuff
I like to hug dogs

Cecil

Quote from: SoNowThenThe only thing good about this film was the photography.

i actually didnt like that either. it was too "ooooo cyber-punk film noir" faux-art

ahhh who am i kidding. phils right (apart from the never boring part). the real reason why i dint like it is because it wasnt french.

Sal

Despite the ending, Minority Report was a fantastic demonstration of great, captivating storytelling.  I don't see what the quips with the film are; there are better candidates for condemnation.

oakmanc234

'Minority Report' is an excellent movie.

F*** all y'all.
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: SalDespite the ending, Minority Report was a fantastic demonstration of great, captivating storytelling.  I don't see what the quips with the film are; there are better candidates for condemnation.

Just like AI.. I really really liked it until the very end.

Why does Speilberg have to slit his wrists in the last 5 minutes? Every time. Every time. He is so frustrating sometimes, making great movies with incredibly bad endings that ruin the whole thing. I want to throw something at him.

Sal

Spielberg weaves fairy tales, and so I think to honor that he attempts endings that are not only conclusive, but hopeful.  Instead of ending on a high note, he makes sure the peak returns to where it first began in the story.  Often we find the best endings to be those which peak our interest and then it cuts to black, leaving us wanting more, exiting the theater excited to talk about whatever loose threads have remained.  I think Spielberg aims to do things a bit differently because he recognizes how difficult good endings can be, and while leaving threads untied is more emotionally evocative for the audience, it's ultimately a flaw for the storyteller, in a way.  The story has a beginning and a middle, but it's not encompassed within itself, if that makes any sense.  Leaving things up to the audience is very easy to do from a storytelling point of view.  Letting things come together is much harder, and I think Spielberg is challenging himself in that respect.  He's seen success from it (ET, Catch Me) but he's seen failure, too, and I admire him for sticking to it and challenging his audiences with the endings at the same time.  AI was probably his greatest challenge yet.