release date prediction requests?

Started by Ernie, February 23, 2003, 11:10:51 PM

Ernie

I just have a request for some release dates, more like release seasons really. Just tell me if the following DVD's will come out before/during summer/spring OR in the fall. I'm not really good with predicting DVD release dates so I figured I'd ask you guys. I don't know the theatrical release dates of half the movies I see. I get confused with all the limited release dates and premieres and sneak previews and all that shit.

So, you don't even have to give me the month, just give me the season if you could, hopefully spring or summer. See, these are some of my favorite movies of 2002 that haven't been released on DVD yet and well, I just love when the best DVD's come out over the summer or spring because I have more time to watch them and the summer is my favorite month because there's no fucking school. The spring is just as good, it leads right up to no school. I hate when they come out in September or October though, that's all. So, just give me your best prediction. Thank you in advance. Here they are.....

25th hour
adaptation
all the real girls (no, i haven't seen it yet but i'm sure i'll love it)
confessions of a dangerous mind
the kid stays in the picture
punch drunk love

Bud_Clay

The last date I heard for Punch-Drunk Love was April 22nd...i think i remember catching word that it has been put back yet again...

I havent checked any of those other titles yet but amazon usually gives out release dates pretty far in advance.

Ernie

Quote from: Bill MaplewoodThe last date I heard for Punch-Drunk Love was April 22nd...i think i remember catching word that it has been put back yet again...

I havent checked any of those other titles yet but amazon usually gives out release dates pretty far in advance.

Oh, that's not bad at all. April is perfect. Thanks man. Even if it gets pushed back, they can't push it all the way back to September, right? I'll buy a barebones edition if I have to, it's no big deal. Thank you for that info.

MacGuffin

Quote from: ebeaman6925th hour

http://xixax.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=6883#6883

When the rest are announced, I'll post them there.

Quote from: ebeaman69punch drunk love

The April 22 date is no more. No word on the official release date.

http://xixax.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6&start=60
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Duck Sauce

I think I will get PDL, Adaptation and 25th hour for its Fuck You part.

Ernie

Quote from: Duck SauceI think I will get PDL, Adaptation and 25th hour for its Fuck You part.

The last half an hour of 25th Hour, the "fuck you" montage and most of the rest of it is so great. I really loved that movie, Spike Lee can be so great sometimes.

Do you think Adaptation will come out before the end of this upcoming summer?

sphinx

'daptation will definetly not be out for the end of summer.  more like christmas or further

bonanzataz

Quote from: sphinx'daptation will definetly not be out for the end of summer.  more like christmas or further

Sphinx, you probably really believe this. That is becuase you are crazy. The disc will be ready by summer's end. And it will have special features.

Ikea. Unböring.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

BonBon85

Quote from: bonanzatazyou probably really believe this. That is becuase you are crazy.

Oh film nerd in-jokes... how I love them!

Ernie

Ok, there's no need to lie to me. All I wanted to do was ask a little simple question about something I really want to know and now, I don't know who to believe. I can't tell whether or not some of you guys are kidding anymore, alright. So, could somebody just tell me whether or not Adaptation will come out on the beautiful DVD format before the end of the summer of 2002, leaving all in-jokes and all the other mind games that I don't understand at the door. It would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance.

sphinx

no, it will not be released before the end of summer

Ernie

Ok, thank you. That's all I wanted to know. Thank you sphinx.

Gold Trumpet

Ebes, I don't know any official release date, but considering the release of the movie, I can gurantee it will be out by the end of the summer. I would guess a late may to late june release. somewhere between that time is the best bet.

even july is possible, but more likely the first option.

~rougerum

Duck Sauce

Quote from: sphinxno, it will not be released before the end of summer

you forgot to bold it for ebeaman. no, it will not be released before the end of summer

btw DVD is only a beautiful format compared to VHS (and VCD if you want to be picky) Im still waiting for some HD-DVD.

Gold Trumpet

why wouldn't it be released before the end of summer? end of summer is late august, doesn't make sense considering all previous release dates for movies coming out at the same time.

~rougerum