Official RADIOHEAD thread

Started by Duck Sauce, January 11, 2003, 05:54:58 PM

aclockworkjj

Quote from: xerxesjust wondering if anyone's going to one of the shows at the hollywood bowl... well???

If I go chances are it will be here....

So I got sucked into photographing a wedding today.....thus no tickets....luckly, I have a guy at work who supposely can get me tickets for anything, I am thinking now is a good time to see how full of shit he may be.....fuck, the things I do to watch and capture the pure form love takes on as a couple weds....yuck.

Dirk

Info about the next single, "Go to Sleep":

Will feature the new b-side "I Am Citizen Insane" and a live version of the b-side "Fog" (previously on the Knives Out single). It will be released August 18th.
At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

Sleuth

Christ, can't they keep a fucking title for that song?  It's one of their best
I like to hug dogs

Dirk

Quote from: tremoloslothChrist, can't they keep a fucking title for that song?  It's one of their best

:?:
At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

ElPandaRoyal

"No Surprises" and its use in L'Auberge espagnole is just fucking great. That music didn't leave for weeks after I saw the movie. It's still one of my faves
Si

Sleuth

Quote from: Dirk
Quote from: tremoloslothChrist, can't they keep a fucking title for that song?  It's one of their best

:?:
Oh nevermind, it was too early, I didn't read it right
I like to hug dogs

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Dirkand a live version of the b-side "Fog"

"the fog comes up from the sewers and glows... in... the dark..."

Sigh.

What a great song. I can't wait.

Sleuth

Yeah... I love the vocal harmony when he says "glows" it's like a bursting pulse of...something...

One of my favorite songs ever, seriously.
I like to hug dogs

Dirk

Four new b-sides from the Go to Sleep singles.

EDIT - you may have to change file type to .mp3 because they are currently in .m3p format

EDIT #2 - yes, write .mp3 at the end of the file name. Fog is incredible, but the others...dunno about those yet.

Sleuth

I'm so weak and easily tempted but I'm going to blame Dirk
I like to hug dogs

Pubrick

those files are too big anyway, 8meg for a 3min song? no thanks.

it's the principle of the thing.
under the paving stones.

Sleuth

Fog Live is my least favorite...
I like to hug dogs

Jeremy Blackman

Yeah, the live version of Fog is a little weak. You can't force a conventional rhythm on that song.

Wickid Child is very good... sounds like Go To Sleep. I can't remember hearing a harmonica in a Radiohead song.

Gagging Order is creepy in the same way that most of the album is...

But doesn't this all kind of seem like a return to OK Computer, thematically?

Pubrick

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanBut doesn't this all kind of seem like a return to OK Computer, thematically?
sort of. they've kinda been spiralling since then.
under the paving stones.

Jeremy Blackman

Can anybody find a non-streaming version of the Go to Sleep video? Pleeeeaase?