NEON MERCURY's ++ ps360ii Lite ++ thread -weaning you off WoW since 07

Started by NEON MERCURY, November 09, 2003, 08:52:13 PM

GodDamnImDaMan

Quote from: classical gasoh, i get it.  that wasn't very funny.
Aclockworkjj:  I have like broncitious or something
Aclockworkjj:  sucks, when i cough, if feels like i am dying
Aclockworkjj:  i can barely smoke

http://www.shitzu.biz

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: God Damn Im Da ManYou guys hear the rumors about the next generation video game consoles?

-Supposedly the next Xbox (or "Xbox next" as it's come to be known as) is going to be released first much like the PS2 was this generation. The thing that bothers me, is that it is rumored that it will contain NO HARD DRIVE! If this is true this is insane. It was incredibly awesome that you could burn your favorite tracks onto your xbox and listen to them while playing certain games.

-Playstation wise, the PS3 is going to be using blue ray technology. Don't ask me what it means. I have no freggin clue. Playstation has a solid standing. It's going to dominate no matter how much I hate Sony and the Plastation

Nintendo's camp is hard at work on the "Revolution." I'm a huge nintendo fan, so it kills me to see Nintendo do everything wrong. They still haven't offered full online play to the gamecube! If they want to stand a chance against Sony and Microsoft they need to release the "Revolution" before "Xbox next" and the "PS3"

man, i hope that the no hard drive thing is just a rumor.  because you're right, it does kick ass playing your tunes insatead of th eshitty music that is already in game.  plus i liked having the hard drive because you dont have to buy one of those memory cards to save your shit like you do for the 'cube and ps2.  ps3 will sell the most because its should be a solid machine and the name is so synonomous with video gaming plus they have alreadt dominatee the market anyway.  so, whats going to stop it?  

i think xbox will bridge the gap and make a step closer.  xbox  live is booming and the system its elf is more powerful anyway.  but it does come down to games.  and i honestly think they are even in that category.  most of the good games are for all platforms anyway but what me be the wild card would be the exsclusive games.  sony has th etekkens, final fantasy's, metal gears, etc.  while microsoft has ninja gaiden, dead or alive, and soon doom 3 and half life 2[fuck yes!]...and GRAND THEFT AUTO: SAN ANDREAS  will be available around the summer time. its a ways off but it shpuld include graphical enhancments and possible other extras...and custom soundtracks.

nintendo is the system that i am most curious about.  havuing grwn up on it and now experiencing a renaisance w/ metroid, wind waker, star fox adventures, eternal darkness....etc.  nintendo has the power it needed to do well.

GodDamnImDaMan

What I really do hate is that Nintendo does put out great games! The only problem is....they are made by Nintendo themselves. That isn't going to sell systems. Company's LOVE the ps2. So every game that isn't made by nintendo will most likely go to the PS2. Microsoft is doing the same thing. Except, they throw money at the developers. I don't know why...and as dorky as it might sound, If nintendo ever goes belly up as a hardware distributer...I might shed a few tears...after I of course cream my pants...

NEON MERCURY

because i have no life...i thought i would share with you by catergory my top 10 in each genre across mulitplatforms.. i will start off w/ my favorite genre [rpg] and list off from there.......i am doing this b/c:

1. i am bored
2. i want to share with you my expertise in gaming...if you lik ethe certian genre then these are must buy games IMO..
3. now that you will know my taste in games i want others to suggest games that i should get.

*sorry, i dont play games on PC so, its all console gaming

Top 10 RPG

obviously, a final fantasy title should start off any rpg list IMO. its my least favorite one but it still kicks ass.  its long , with plenty of side quests/secrets and the opening cinematic is awesome...and a solid story..the thing that i didnt like was how you progress your characters by "drawing" magic from enemies and junctioning them up to unlock abilities... i  prerfer that each character have an inate ability of their own.

..this is a true geek game...you could play this for a lifetime..very fuckign hardcore..the world is huge..its fun just to walk around and look at everything..its the most detailed rpg world i have ever seen..good graphics/sound/music....very customizable...but they way you fight is kind of ghey....

..i got this the day it came out..back when i had my ps2 this was the reason to own one IMO..i loved every second i played this game...good story/charcters/graphics/  everythign is solid..and i liked the "grid" level up system..the only thing that i didnt like was the game follws a linear path ..sort of.   unlike previous final fantasy games where you venture across a world map this game is linear which is a downside to a great game..

ahhh, my very first rpg experience :yabbse-cry: ...this game is responsible for me being the loser that i am......i will spare you the cheesy "first time" talk but i do feel proud to say that i still have my working NES and play this often....and just to let people knwo the recent gamboy advance final fantasy": dawn of souls vesrion of FFI is so damn EASY!!!!  if you played that you have idea of how difficult this game really is..first off in theis version you doitn have M(agic)P(oints) btu rather as your character gains levels you can only cast a cesrtian amount of spells ..i think 9 is the max..plus you dont have the luxury of savign anywhere..its fucking hard....

..this the most popular final fantasy game..to be honest i was a bit taken back from the game initially..because i was use to a more medieval  or lord of the rings/middle earth type rpg's and this one was more like blade runner or some futuristic type shit....but as i got more into it i liked it alot...its has soem really cool characters and i lve the materia level up system ..its very user firendly.......

....i bought this the day it came out also...theres nothign really special about it but after playign VII and VIII i was glad to see the series head back to its roots with a  medieval type settign and a familiar way of levelign up........the only thign i dont like about this game is that he characters are the series worst....

...this game is incredible....and long its taking me over 70+ hours to finish it...i love the light/dark side multiple paths and the high replay value..the best voice acting in a game ever.....good dialogue[for a game at least.] and an actual game "twist" that is awesome....as a star wars/rpg fan, couldnt ask for more....

if square woul dmake as many chrono games as they do final fantasy then this series could easily be the definative rpg experience...i love how there aren't random battles, i love the fucking music....the time travel story is cool...great characters...plus a "hidden" character that can join your party...multiple endings...high replay value...

...this is how you do a sequel..take everything that made the first game a sucess and add to it while introducing new ideas....the new idea being the "element" battle system...its awkward at first but after a few rounds it becomes second nature....

..this is th egreatest rpg ever and my favoritre game regardless of genre..i am so fuckign pissed i lost my original snes cartridge and i have to prepley this via the final fantasy anthology collection on psx.  but still, there is nothing i can say bad about this game..soem people say no game is perfect but this one is....the game is graphically beautiful, best music in a game ever,[thats the only bonus of havign the anthology-soundtrack included], large cast of chaarcters , incredible battle system with good spells, weaponry, relics, everytrhing...its got soem awesome secrets and is the only game where [as patheric as this may sound] i actaully feel an emotional attachment to the story...its oen of those games that i feel lucky to actually be able to play it.........

*if anyon ehas any suggestions please let me know what to buy..now that you kno wmy tastes......

and lastly..these are rpgs that i  own but havent played them yet.

-star wars: the sith lords
-baten kaitos
-fable
-shemnnue 2
-golden sun
-final fantasy II [usa version]
-final fantasy V[japan version]

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: NEON MERCURY*sorry, i dont play games on PC so, its all console gaming
Then you've had a very impoverished RPG experience.

SHAFTR

70 hrs for KOTOR?
Do you mean for you to beat it twice (light & dark) it took you 70 hrs?
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

GodDamnImDaMan

You're putting Corono Cross over Corono Trigger?!?!

Let the nerd fight begin!

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

1) Chrono Cross is one of the worst games I've ever played, let alone the follow-up to one of the best ever.

2) Making a top 10 RPG's list without any PC Gaming experience is like drinking Faygo and making a top 10 Soda Flavors list.

3) I agree with Final Fantasy III.  Best Non-PC RPG.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman
Quote from: NEON MERCURY*sorry, i dont play games on PC so, its all console gaming
Then you've had a very impoverished RPG experience.

:(  yeah, i get that alot.   i know that there are some incredible pc rpgs but i wont get the chance to play them. [ i would love to get to play the fallout games and see whats up w/ that].  the bad thing about the pc [from my limited knowledge] is that the games get better and better and require you to constantly upgrade your PC...that costs $$$$$$$$$$, [lots]
i dont use my pc enough to upgrade...all i do is message boards, and looking at stuff[text].  the thing i like most about console gaming [besides growing up on it] is that all you do is pluck down some money for a system then it should last you the five year life cycle of fresh games....who knows, maybe they[blizzard?] will port it to the xbox.  i know we got half-life 2 coming our way... :yabbse-grin:

Quote from: SHAFTR70 hrs for KOTOR?
Do you mean for you to beat it twice (light & dark) it took you 70 hrs?

the sad thing is that i am still[/b] trying to finish it.  typically i tend to play my games a long time to get the most out of them.  i am sort of a completest when it comes to rpg's[all sidequests, etc.].  right now  i am on that "no named" planet you land on after you get all the pieces of the star map.   it could have been worse though, when i was on manaan, i poisoned the water supply which in turn banished me from that planet and now i cant finish the other sidequests i need...
to further illustrate my poitn in FF III i mazed out all my characters HP's.  even the scrubs that i wont use to finish the game, yeah, like i said earlier...i am a loser..

Quote from: God Damn Im Da ManYou're putting Corono Cross over Corono Trigger?!?!

man, you know that game is better... :yabbse-wink: ....seriously, it look everything that made the first one so badass and added more...i think some you migth be a little more nostalgic for chrono trigger..which i can understand completely...[ i still have and enshrined my original snes cart of the game]........

Quote from: Walrus the Pretentious
1) Chrono Cross is one of the worst games I've ever played, let alone the follow-up to one of the best ever.

2) Making a top 10 RPG's list without any PC Gaming experience is like drinking Faygo and making a top 10 Soda Flavors list.

3) I agree with Final Fantasy III. Best Non-PC RPG.

1.)worst??? :elitist:   aw, come on man..it aint bad..what didnt you like about it?

2.)you might have a point there.

3.)see above

SHAFTR

Well, I recently got a Gamecube.  Right now I have Metroid Prime & Super Smash Bros Melee.

For future reference, what games should I look into?

I think Animal Crossing will probably be next.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: SHAFTRWell, I recently got a Gamecube.

For future reference, what games should I look into?

.since you got the first one you should get this one too.  its more of the same. its good shit man.

.thsi is the hottest game for the cube.  as anyone who has played it-its phenomenal.  its oen of those games that you want to let other people know how good it is so they can experience it too.  trust me.

.if you like mario games, this is just as good as they all are...plus is very pretty

.if you like zelda games. then you should liek this.  it has that cel shaded look and it looks very "kiddie" but the who gameplay is classic zelda...once you get pass the looks, you'll be pleased.

.sleuth recommended me this one also. its oen of th emost unique games i have played.  its part survival horror/action/adventure/role playing.  the whole game plays out like a hige epic book spanmning centuries and you play as mulitple characters..its very ambitious...worth a rental at least.

.its a remake of the classic metal gear solid game...but with thegame play mechanics of sons of liberty...its great.

this shoul help and you can find most of these used-cheap

Raikus

I just got Mario Golf and Mario Tennis for the wife. But they're great titles and I've been playing them more than anything else recently. Add them to you Gamecube list if you like sports titles.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Sleuth

I saw some videos for a Capcom game called Killer 7 and it looks like a nightmare, and I might get a Gamecube just for that and the next Zelda
I like to hug dogs

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: NEON MERCURYi know that there are some incredible pc rpgs but i wont get the chance to play them. [ i would love to get to play the fallout games and see whats up w/ that].  the bad thing about the pc [from my limited knowledge] is that the games get better and better and require you to constantly upgrade your PC...that costs $$$$$$$$$$, [lots]
I'm sure you can play the Fallout games. They're really old. You'd really love them... I think they match your sense of humor. And if you're a completist, well, there's tons to complete. I'm not sure about other PC turn-based RPGs (they seem to have gone out of style). Diablo II: LOD is great, but it's not turn-based, and it's more of an action thing (it's an RPG because of the infinitely diverse character building). That's also an old game that you can probably play. Baldur's Gate is a good classic RPG, but it's really difficult, and it's only sort of turn-based (you pause it at will to give your party commands). If you want an even tougher one, try Icewind Dale (ouch).