French release
Wild Side Films / Le Pacte
April 30, 2014

Director:
David Gordon Green

Cast:
Nicolas Cage, Tye Sheridan

Pubrick

was this the one they were shooting around 03's neighbourhood?

also, unless every character begins the film beaten up/shot/stabbed, that's a really spoilerful trailer.
under the paving stones.

jenkins

changed the original post's trailer to a different trailer, which may or may not have similar spoilers, idk, i watch trailers when i'm not sure if i'll see a movie, and i'm sure i'll see this

this was shot in austin and los angeles according to imdb

i think it opened wide today yesterday? i think so, it's playing in normaly theaters here, and the official site has one usa date (and one french date, which i included for drenk)

haven't seen it, can't until an undetermined date (i'm busy). but if your place doesn't have under the skin yet, make a movie choice this weekend™▲▲

p: no, thats tokarev

Punch

this film was sloppy & predictable , he rehashed some things from george washington. its like every movie from him is his first film i don't see what people see in him, tim orr did great though shot on the alexa w/ panavision lenses & i thought cage was really good the things most people hate him for didnt pop out in this performance that much
"oh you haven't truly watched a film if you didn't watch it on the big screen" mumbles the bourgeois dipshit

jenkins

i saw this through the movie obtaining fashion with which i know many of you are familiar

and oh i adored it. immensely. the narrative itself is probably the "sloppy & predictable" portion to which punch is referring, but what i immensely adore is dgg's understanding of southern people. they can be terrible people, and it'd be so easy to portray them as only terrible, but i think dgg has a terrific human and artistic vision of them, in which they don't always appear terrible. he evokes humor and empathy and understanding where it's fucking difficult to. i laughed when i was cringing, i cringed when i was laughing, and i felt like the people were real and believable

you may not think that'd be difficult to do, but you may easily see the terrible aspects of these people, and you may find yourself caring about them, (i'm repeating what i described above), and if you think for a second about how incredible it is to have both those emotions together, you can begin to see how talented dgg is. the "you" here is an imaginary person to whom i'm speaking about the artistic perspective dgg uses

AntiDumbFrogQuestion

Quote from: Punch on April 12, 2014, 10:05:07 AM
he rehashed some things from george washington. its like every movie from him is his first film i don't see what people see in him

I have to admit, I haven't seen George Washington, although I've heard it's good. I just wonder if I'd find this movie good if I don't see GW before seeing Joe. Will it be as predictable? Is that like saying a certain Coen Bros. quirk will be predictable because I've seen their previous works and know what they like? Or is it just a bland story?...cuz I won't waste my time if the story sucks...