..I bet no one has this on their shelf...

Started by NEON MERCURY, November 29, 2003, 11:22:20 PM

MacGuffin

Quote from: Link

Okay, technically it's not mine, it's my girlfriend's, but still, it's something to be ashamed of.

I own that, and am not ashamed of it. Great flick. I felt like Mark in High School. I only wish I knew how to work an underground radio station like him. Great soundtrack, introduced me to Leonard Cohen.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Thecowgoooesmooo

Uncensored Bosko Volume 1.

The greatest cartoon ever drawn.

chris

penfold0101

No one has got this have they?

if you have, isnt it shit!

and i know no one will admit to:

These are pretty poo as well.

Anyone got these classics?

"There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning. And that, I think, was the handle - that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting - on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave.
So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high - water mark - that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back." - Hunter S. Thompson.

MacGuffin

Quote from: penfold0101and i know no one will admit to:

I will. I think I have before actually. It's worth owning for the choreographer scene alone.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

SoNowThen

Wouldn't it be worth owning for the hot chicks alone?
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

MacGuffin

Quote from: SoNowThenWouldn't it be worth owning for the hot chicks alone?

I know of only one in that film, and she's not on the cover.

Skeleton FilmWorks

SoNowThen

Dunst is a cutie.

Who's the one?

I've seen one 30 sec clip from that movie -- the car wash scene. It was pretty smokin'...
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks

SoNowThen

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: SoNowThenWho's the one?

Eliza Dushku

good sweet holy wonderfullness   :shock:  !!!

are those real? not that I care if they're not, but it's always funny to have a fake-titted 20 something chick playing a teenager in a high school movie

Raikus

I've got Logan's Run.

Yes, I'm a dirty bootlegger.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

SoNowThen

why would you bet no one has the triple disc of Brotherhood?

one of the best movies in the last five years

my only piss off is that the fucking commentary is in French, w/ no subtitles!!

I think it's my favorite disc for extras, all the same

Raikus

Well, it's the Canadian release and it was expensive and hard to find outside Ebay. So I really wasn't thinking "everyone" I guess, but just being arrogant and only thinking of Americans.

My apologies.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

SoNowThen

haha
no worries

I should start a Brotherhood Canadian disc importing operation. You guys deserve the good version down there. I think it was one of the only times in a long while that I was actually proud to be a Canadian.

MacGuffin

Quote from: RaikusWell, it's the Canadian release and it was expensive and hard to find outside Ebay. So I really wasn't thinking "everyone" I guess, but just being arrogant and only thinking of Americans.

I'm American, and I have it. I got it from DVD Soon. That's also where I got the 3 disc edition of "The Pianist".

I also have "Battle Royale".

Skeleton FilmWorks

Sleuth

Quote from: MacGuffinI will. I think I have before actually. It's worth owning for the choreographer scene alone.

By choreographer do you mean IAN ROBERTS OF THE UPRIGHT CITIZENS BRIGADE (SEASON 1 DVD ON SALE NOW AND I MIGHT AS WELL POST THAT HERE SINCE IT TRULY IS IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND IN STORES)
I like to hug dogs