saturday night live

Started by sphinx, March 09, 2003, 05:38:36 PM

Sleepless

The Fey as Palin clip is on Hulu. Very funny.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Nothing quite nails the Sarah Palin issue quite as well as when the grand slam-or-bunt Daily Show addressed it:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/33335/the-daily-show-with-jon-stewart-sarah-palin-gender-card#x-4,vclip,1
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

MacGuffin

Sarah Palin dropping by 'SNL' this weekend
John McCain's campaign confirms she'll make appearance

NEW YORK -- She's been parodied to great ratings effect on "Saturday Night Live," but now Sarah Palin is going to be a part of the fun herself.

The McCain campaign confirmed Friday that the GOP vice presidential candidate will appear on "Saturday Night Live" this weekend, the Associated Press reported. There were no more details available, and NBC didn't respond to requests for comment.

Saturday's program will be hosted by Josh Brolin, who stars as President Bush in Oliver Stone's "W.," which opens Friday. There's no word whether Tina Fey will reprise her role as Palin, whom she has portrayed three times this season.

It isn't a complete surprise, as "SNL" executive producer Lorne Michaels earlier told the AP that the McCain campaign had contacted the show about Palin appearing in an upcoming "SNL."

NBC declined Friday to confirm that Palin would appear.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Tictacbk

don't know if theres a thread dedicated to how horrible mad tv is but...

MAD TV CANCELED
source:Variety

Fox is closing the book on "Mad TV" after 14 seasons.
Net confirmed Wednesday that the Saturday night sketch series, which had barely escaped cancellation in recent years, will end its run at the end of this season.

News comes soon after Fox announced plans to end the run of another long-running comedy franchise, "King of the Hill." But just as "King" may land a new home at ABC, the producers behind "Mad TV" are mulling ways to keep their show alive.

"There's been great interest in recent years," said exec producer David Salzman. "We've had a number of networks inquire as to whether the show was coming off Fox and saying that they'd be interested. We have not started to talk to them yet, but now is the time to begin those conversations. I think we have real prospects, but you never know, especially given the economy."

According to Salzman, production on "Mad TV," which received a shortened order this season, was set to wrap by December. The net decided to inform the show's producers of its decision now, rather than in May, in order to give them a chance to end the series with a bang.

squints

Mad TV is horrible. I didn't ever realize how bad it was until they stopped showing SNL reruns during the day on Comedy Central and replaced it with Mad TV a few years ago. I thought the show was already canceled by now.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

picolas

it definitely had its moments back in the sasso/sullivan days.

but yeah. then it became unspeakably terrible.

Bethie

so what about these new bitches?  groundlings/ucb alum

whats the good word
who likes movies anyway

cine

Quote from: Bethie on November 15, 2008, 02:33:03 AM

whats the good word

the redhead Abby Elliot is the 21 year old daughter of Chris Elliot.  :yabbse-undecided:

72teeth

Quote from: Cinephile on November 15, 2008, 06:56:48 PM
Quote from: Bethie on November 15, 2008, 02:33:03 AM

whats the good word

the redhead Abby Elliot is the 21 year old daughter of Chris Elliot.  :yabbse-undecided:

":yabbse-undecided:"!? More like :yabbse-grin:! Get a Life anyone? Letterman anyone?
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

Stefen

She's alot prettier than her father.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Bethie

i knew that much. i told my friend "its chris elliot's daughter, and shes good looking" and he goes "how'd that happen?"
who likes movies anyway

Bethie

who likes movies anyway

squints

Quote from: Bethie on November 24, 2008, 01:11:10 AM
Wyatt is hysterical on Daily Show.

Yes, but that is a terrible impression. My vote goes to Jordan Carlos. Either way, SNL still sucks.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

RegularKarate

Man OH Man... i know Wyatt (kinda)... I hope he gets it!

mostly because he's insanely funny, but also because it would mean I have an SNL castmember's phone number.

ono

Oh, how I still -- and always will -- love this show.  Last week, Timberlake killed (Ciara's just a Beyonce wannabe; yawn).  And this, this, this was the best finale since Fallon left in '04.  This's kind of thing where you aren't quite sure what you saw but you knew it was something great (I have to get the context for that song to understand it better, but I always love seeing the whole cast performing together).  I've heard it's Hammond's last show.  Won't be the same without him.  Only weak part this week was the Mark sketch, but even it had its moments.  This new cast (except for Wiig) is really something else.  Don't know if it will eclipse the cast from, say, five years ago, but it's coming close.

As an overall season, it started slowly and finished incredibly strongly.  Same as last year: the spring stretch from when Fey came back to host all the way to the end was just perfect.  This year, same deal (Morgan, Timberlake, Ferrell, all classic eps), yet a little more condensed (the addition of more episodes was a problem; that, and too much Wiig).