I Just Bought...

Started by ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ, October 25, 2003, 05:14:10 PM

samsong

Quote from: SoNowThenit would appear it is German week.... cuz I went out last night and bought:

!!!

Isn't it a fucking fantastic box set?!  One of my favorite items in my collection.

Very nice choice.

SoNowThen

Merci -- I can't wait to dig into it.

Props to MrBK for getting me interested in Herzog...
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

bonanzataz

The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Banky

modage

Disc 1-Live At Brixton Academy
1.Flash
2.Wonderboy
3.Explosivo
3.Medley
4.Karate
5.Kyle Quit The Band
6.Friendship
7.Kielbasa
8.Dio
9.The Road
10,The Cosmic Shame
11.FHG
12.Tribute
13.Rock Your Socks
14.Double Team
Concert Videos:
JB's BJ
Butt Baby
Rock Star Sperm for Sale

Disc 2
1.Wonderboy Video
2.MAKING OF WONDERBOY
3.Tribute Video
4.MAKING OF TRIBUTE
5.On The Road With Tenacious D
6.In the Studio with Tenacious D
7.Mad TV Appearance - March 2002
7.Crank Yankers Appearance - April 2002
8.HBO Shorts (6x15min)
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Find Your Magali

Picked up "Millennium Actress" and Dreyer's "Vampyr" this week (still in a bit of a Halloweenie* mood)

*-not, technically, a word.

Newtron

Quote from: godardian"Chris Cunningham has made a career out of recycling this sleeve art."

...as usual, Luke Haines was there first and did it better.
Hater, Chris Cunnigham will kick your ass.

cine

coffeebeetle

12 Monkeys....so glad to come back to this gorgeous movie.  
Suicide Kings
Rush...I could watch this over and over again.

Great picks by everyone above!  I want to check out this Herzog fellow though...I'm ashamed to say I haven't even heard of him until BK and SoNowThen mentioned him.
more than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. one path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. the other, to total extinction. let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
woody allen (side effects - 1980)

nix

Scarface for 17.99

Dressed to kill for 7.99!

Halloween divimax special edition used for 14.99

The Omen

Far From Heaven

Igby Goes Down

The Good Girl

Roger Dodger
"Sex relieves stress, love causes it."
-Woddy Allen

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: nix

Igby Goes Down

..wasted $$$$$$$

Far From Heaven

....invested $$$$$$$$

cine

Quote from: NEON MERCURY

Igby Goes Down

..wasted $$$$$$$
Say what? Wasted money on Igby Goes Down? I beg to differ.

godardian

Quote from: Cinephile
Quote from: NEON MERCURY

Igby Goes Down

..wasted $$$$$$$
Say what? Wasted money on Igby Goes Down? I beg to differ.

I wholeheartedly agree that Far from Heaven is an investment, though...

I liked Igby. Could've been better. Probably not one I'd buy.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

cine

Quote from: godardian
I wholeheartedly agree that Far from Heaven is an investment, though...

I liked Igby. Could've been better. Probably not one I'd buy.
I second that.. but if anyone's interested in IGD, it's certainly worth it.

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.