INHERENT VICE (No Major Spoilers)

Started by cronopio 2, December 02, 2010, 09:51:28 AM

Drenk

Sous les pavés, le trailer.

Under the paving-stones, the trailer.

Variation of Sous les pavés, la plage/ Under the paving-stones, the beach (EDIT : Yeah, not the bitch), a graffito during May 68 in France, which is Inherent Vice's epigraph.
Ascension.

The Perineum Falcon

Pretty sure la plage=the beach, but spoken with a French Accent.... I can see the confusion.
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

Drenk

Wow, I guess I say the bitch instead of beach all the time, so I wrote it this way, yes.
Ascension.

mogwai

It's been announced today via Paul's publicist that there will be no trailer as Paul wishes the movie to flop.

Drenk

Nothing new, but another reaction:

QuoteMy buddy said this was unexpected in the best possible way, more of a cohesive "movie movie" than say The Master (more of a Boogie Nights), three focused acts and all about the characters. Joaquin was great and Jonnys score was different, like artsy 70s sounding. That's all I asked him about.
Ascension.

Sleepless

A good day to check in on Xixax. That helped kick the depression. I laughed. PDL meets BN?
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

N

Jeremy Blackman

Okay, I didn't have trailer fever, and I wasn't expecting anything in particular, but this is the best possible outcome I could imagine. It does feel like an explosion of cinematic joy.

Lottery

Freddie's probably mid heart attack right now.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Sleepless on September 29, 2014, 06:44:05 PMPDL meets BN?

Yeah, lots of Boogie Nights in there, surprisingly. The gun content seems strangely similar... that out of control somewhat slapsticky menace feeling.

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

AntiDumbFrogQuestion

Who else is gonna watch this 8 more times in a row?

modage

Quote from: AntiDumbFrogQuestion on September 29, 2014, 07:17:19 PM
Who else is gonna watch this 8 more times in a row?
I watched it twice. Now I'm gonna wait till Saturday.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

AntiDumbFrogQuestion

There is no NYFF 52 in my future, so I'm going to do my best to not watch any more trailers until the movie comes out. It's tough, but I've done it for a few flicks as of late, and it's turned out to be quite rewarding when you're not constantly waiting for certain moments to occur in context.

....orrrrr maybe I'll just watch everything clip I can. yeah. I think that's more in line with reality.