I just Climaxed all over the place........(just read)

Started by Banky, December 03, 2003, 06:41:50 PM

Banky

24/7 Horror Channel!

Source: The Horror Channel  by: Jim Law

Have you ever had one of those lonely Saturday nights? Your dog just ran away, the girlfriend left you for that dude with the huge arms and the sweater vest, none of your friends have called in weeks and your family is too busy for a group hug. You curl up on the sofa with the latest issue of 'Lonely Guy Weekly' and a Pop-Tart as the television whispers things about you in the distance. Nothing seems to matter this night. Especially not you. That's when you find it. Or does it find you? Camp counselors are getting torn to pieces, babysitters are dropping like flies, zombies are eating women in tube-tops, vampires, werewolves, ghosts! The HORROR MOVIE! There's nothing like a little death and carnage to brighten up your sad pathetic life.

Well, starting in October 2004 you can have the warm fuzzy feeling of evil twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week thanks to The Horror Channel. Founder and CEO Nicholas Psalto heads an impressive Creative Advisory board to bring you the essential horror cable/satellite television station. When I say impressive, I mean it. Take a look at their team.

John Carpenter (Halloween)
Roger Corman (The Raven)
Wes Craven (Scream)
Tobe Hooper (Texas Chainsaw Massacre)
Lloyd Kaufman (The Toxic Avenger)
Lucky McKee (May)
George Romero (Dawn of the Dead)
Eli Roth (Cabin Fever)
Tom Savini (Night of the Living Dead, 1990)
Rob Zombie (House of 1000 Corpses)
Guillermo del Toro (Hellboy)

The channel promises unedited and uncut versions of all your favorites along with original programming that caters to the hard-core fan such as mini series', documentaries, news, and music videos. The web site offers tons of information and a survey to help them please you. Click the logo below to have a visit.

http://www.horrorchannel.com/hc1/

MacGuffin

OH MY GOD!!!!! I'll never turn off my TV again.

I just took the survey. I dunno if I'd visit that site regularly if they end up with what they are proposing. But I did get a chance to say my least favorite site was Ain't It Cool News.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Banky

the best aprt is that it is unedited comercial free so it would really just kick every other channels ass

Slick Shoes

Pas

Acutally, we have that in Canada since last year. 3/4 of the content is like "paranormal" stuff though, so maybe it's not gonna be the same thing.

Their team is kick ass that's for sure !

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Another reason I'd need digital cable.

The reason now: endless movie channels and Gameshow network.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

GodDamnImDaMan

Aclockworkjj:  I have like broncitious or something
Aclockworkjj:  sucks, when i cough, if feels like i am dying
Aclockworkjj:  i can barely smoke

http://www.shitzu.biz

modage

my dad found this about a month ago and showed me that site.  we were freaking out in anticipation.  best channel ever...
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Kal

yeah but it starts on October 2004... one year to go

GodDamnImDaMan

Quote from: andykyeah but it starts on October 2004... one year to go

STOP BEING SUCH A PARTY POOPER! Your such a stinker AndyK....and you guys all know how much i hate using the "s" word.
Aclockworkjj:  I have like broncitious or something
Aclockworkjj:  sucks, when i cough, if feels like i am dying
Aclockworkjj:  i can barely smoke

http://www.shitzu.biz

Kal

Quote from: God Damn Im Da Man
Quote from: andykyeah but it starts on October 2004... one year to go

STOP BEING SUCH A PARTY POOPER! Your such a stinker AndyK....and you guys all know how much i hate using the "s" word.

GDIDM everyone knows you are inlove with me so cut the bullshit and accept the fact that Im not gay and I dont like you!

MacGuffin

Comcast, Sony to Debut New Horror Channel

PHILADELPHIA - Comcast Corp. and Sony Pictures Entertainment will unveil a new horror and thriller network this Halloween through video-on-demand, the first collaboration between the two companies under a deal to create new cable channels.

The as-yet-unnamed channel, to be announced Monday at National Cable & Television Association's annual The National Show conference in Atlanta, will feature over 1,000 horror and thriller movies and TV shows from the Sony/MGM libraries including "Silence of the Lambs," "I Know What You Did Last Summer," and "Panic Room."

The channel, to be offered free to digital subscribers, will feature at least 20 films and some TV series, comprising 40 to 70-plus hours of programming. A quarter of the content will be changed every two weeks.

The channel will be supported by advertising targeting the highly desirable youth-to-young-professional market. Ad revenue will be shared by Comcast and Sony Pictures of Culver City, Calif.

"It really appeals very strongly to a fan base of 18- to 34-year-olds," said Diane Robina, president of emerging networks at Philadelphia-based Comcast. "When you're looking at a platform like this, you want to appeal to a passionate and loyal audience."

The two companies said the cable channel will be the first dedicated to the horror and thriller genre. Comcast, the nation's largest cable operator with more than 21 million customers, said 20 percent of feature films released by major studios in 2005 were part of the genre. A third of those movies topped the box office on their debut.

Comcast made a decision to offer the channel through video-on-demand to keep subscribers from switching to satellite TV, which cannot duplicate the service. With the on-demand service, digital subscribers can watch a library of films, TV shows and other content whenever they want.

While Comcast has developed other channels exclusively for the on-demand service, such as ExerciseTV, subscribers prefer to watch movies and TV shows of premium channels such as HBO and Cinemax. Officials say that's how cable can keep customers from jumping ship. Other programs, they say, are helpful, but not dealmakers.

"The real glue is premium on-demand," said Bruce Leichtman, president of the Leichtman Research Group in Durham, N.H. "Nearly half of all viewing is movies and series."

However, cable companies still face the challenge of getting Hollywood content more quickly after it is released. Comcast and Sony said the new channel will not shorten the window for delivery.

The new network will be supported by online content including exclusive outtakes, music downloads and behind-the-scenes footage. Comcast later plans to add a wireless dimension, offering horror ring-tones, sound effects and other mobile features.

The new channel is one of several expected under a 2004 Comcast-Sony agreement, which called for the creation of new cable channels using Sony and MGM content and cemented a distribution deal. The Sony and MGM libraries comprise 7,500 movies and 150,000 TV episodes.

The agreement came in the same month that Sony Corp (NYSE:SNE - news). led a group to acquire Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Inc. for nearly $5 billion, including debt. Comcast was part of the group, investing $300 million.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Find Your Magali

polkablues

Quote from: Find Your Magali on April 11, 2006, 08:57:31 PM
Panic Room? Horror? :ponder:

Hey, if they can show Point of No Return on American Movie Classics, they can show Panic Room on the Horror Channel.
My house, my rules, my coffee

MacGuffin

Quote from: Find Your Magali on April 11, 2006, 08:57:31 PM
Panic Room? Horror? :ponder:

Quote from: MacGuffin on April 10, 2006, 12:44:12 AMComcast Corp. and Sony Pictures Entertainment will unveil a new horror and thriller network this Halloween

Skeleton FilmWorks