2018 Xixax Awards - Nominate!

Started by Jeremy Blackman, March 06, 2019, 11:56:46 AM

Something Spanish

still a few films i want to see (shoplifters, first man), but...

best film: the favourite, the sisters brothers, M:I 6, beirut, blackkklansman,
runners up: can you ever forgive me?, burning, you were never really here, if beale street could talk, first reformed

best actor: joaquin (YWNRA, DWHWGFOF, Sisters Brothers), hawke, (First Reformed), melissa mccarthy, toni collette, nic cage, cynthia erivo, knightly (colette), b. coops/gaga,

director: burning, madeline's maderline, scrader, Yargos ,

Jeremy Blackman

Adding up the nominations now. If you have something to add, post it very soon.

Sleepless

Is Orphan Black still eligible for TV show this year? If so, the show itself + Tatiana Maslany best TV performance. Also, Schitt's Creek.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Fernando

Sleepless

He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Robyn

Quote from: Robyn on March 19, 2019, 09:23:38 AM
BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY:
Roma... sigh.

I don't dislike Roma btw. It was  a "of course I nominate it and of course it will win"-sigh. It's too good.

Jeremy Blackman

It's funny you mention The Good Place. That was the first thing I added to the nominations. Consider it locked in. (Same with Roma for Cinematography of course.)

That said, we could use more TV opinions.

Jeremy Blackman

Should we include The Good Fight in any of the TV categories?

Drenk

The Good Fight for Best One Hour TV show, yes.

Eight Grade for Best Movie, Best Debut, Best Screenplay, Best Director and Best Actress for Elsie Fisher.
Ascension.