Most Overrated Movie of the Year

Started by Satcho9, February 11, 2003, 07:43:09 PM

Cecil

whats wrong picolas? you liked gangs?

bonanzataz

Just because it was overrated doesn't mean I didn't like it. It just means I didn't think it was good as people said it was. You know what? I've officially stopped posting in this topic. Too much defending of my movie taste.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Cecil

Newtron

©brad

The Ring- blah.

I just watched The Bourne Identity last night and I thought it sucked ass, I mean really bad. I was hoping for something decent with Doug Liman, but nope. Terribly acted, directed, written, shot (what's with those establishing shots? I could have done better)- just a bad, dull movie. Even the fucking car chasing scene was dull.

phil marlowe

Wasn't the ring killed by the critics? It was here in denmark, I haven't seen it though. My vote goes to Spiderman wich got waaaay too many thumbs up.

Gold Trumpet

cbr, too bad your review of Bourne Identity mirrors the problems with action movies these days in the first place. Try to think John Frankenheimer's old rules of how to do an action movie, being less is more.

~rougerum

©brad

Yeah, I agree.

As for The Ring, I didn't read to much on it, but I am just going on what my friends/classmates say about it. You're right though, in order for a film to be overrated I guess it has to receive very high critical praise and lots of awards and shit, not necessarily be big at the box office, because there are a lot of dumb movies (Bourne Identity) that make money but aren't necessarily overrated.

I thought The English Patient was incredibly overrated.

Satcho9

Quote"My vote goes to Spiderman wich got waaaay too many thumbs up.

I whole heartedly agree. SpiderMan was ASS. It was so horrible, I was the only one in the theatre hysterically laughing. It was so bad it made my testicles hurt.

Xixax

Quote from: bonanzataz
Quote from: XixaxI couldn't DISagree more. Minority Report rocked.

I would get crucified if I muttered the words "Punch Drunk Love", so I will instead say something safe like "Signs".

PDL was maybe overrated on the Cigarettes and Coffee boards, the PTAmb, and here. That's it. Anywhere else on the face of the planet, PDL was completely and totally ignored (cept for the Globes, kind of).
That's the most truthful observation about the movie that I've seen in quite some time.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

Duck Sauce

Quote from: Satcho9
Quote"My vote goes to Spiderman wich got waaaay too many thumbs up.

I whole heartedly agree. SpiderMan was ASS. It was so horrible, I was the only one in the theatre hysterically laughing. It was so bad it made my testicles hurt.

You are right, I saw Spiderman yesterday and not only was it as cliche as I expected but it was actually pretty boring. Something about when the non CGI Spiderman and Green Goblin met up looked like something out of Power Rangers,

phil marlowe

Quote from: Duck SauceGreen Goblin met up looked like something out of Power Rangers,

His laughter made me happy though.

Xixax

A Hershey's kiss to whoever mentioned MBFGW.

Bleh.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

bonanzataz

Quote from: cecil b. dementedi was talking to picolas
so was I.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

phil marlowe

Quote from: bonanzatazI've officially stopped posting in this topic.

Appearently not.