Most Overrated Movie of the Year

Started by Satcho9, February 11, 2003, 07:43:09 PM

Satcho9

Redirect me if this has been brought up before: But my pick for most overrated movie of the year is Minority Report.

Xixax

I couldn't DISagree more. Minority Report rocked.

I would get crucified if I muttered the words "Punch Drunk Love", so I will instead say something safe like "Signs".
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

Cecil

gangs of new york (juuuuuuuuuuuuuust teasing you cbrad)

polkablues

Quote from: cecil b. dementedgangs of new york (juuuuuuuuuuuuuust teasing you cbrad)

Same answer, minus the cop-out.  And "Road to Perdition" wasn't nearly as good as I had wanted it to be (though it was still decent).
My house, my rules, my coffee

Cecil

RegularKarate

Totally going with Signs here.

Though after reading the nominations, I'd also have to say Chicago.

MacGuffin

Either "8 Mile" (remember all that Oscar talk for Eminem for Best Actor?) or "Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers".
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Gold Trumpet

Road to Perdition
Gangs of New York
Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

~rougerum

SHAFTR

8 Mile

I saw it when it was called Purple Rain.

and I hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate Eminem.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

bonanzataz

Quote from: XixaxI couldn't DISagree more. Minority Report rocked.

I would get crucified if I muttered the words "Punch Drunk Love", so I will instead say something safe like "Signs".

PDL was maybe overrated on the Cigarettes and Coffee boards, the PTAmb, and here. That's it. Anywhere else on the face of the planet, PDL was completely and totally ignored (cept for the Globes, kind of).
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Cecil

Quote from: bonanzataz

PDL was maybe overrated

BURN HIM!!! BURN HIIIIIIIIIIM!!!!

bonanzataz

I said maybe, dammit! Favorite movie of the year, I saw it 4 times in theaters.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Cecil

say gangs or signs like the rest of us and all is forgiven

bonanzataz

picolas