Paul Thomas Anderson Appreciation Comment

Started by Mulligan, July 17, 2013, 12:08:17 AM

Mulligan

I thought The Master was probably the best film last year, and really under appreciated.  I find all of Christoper Nolan's films very stiff and dull.  I agree they are different filmmakers under different sets of circumstances.  And what is with the scores in Nolan's films?  I just watched the last Batman one he did the other day and the score just pounds your ears into submission, and not in a good way.  It's just this heavy strain of melodrama constantly feeding every dull scene in such a manipulative way.  I thought the second half of Inception was decent but still a very dull film.

Mulligan

[SPAM LINK REMOVED]

ono

http://youtu.be/Z8s1ndTq8KA?t=12m25s

Okay, now that you've entertained him (wow, was that other thread full of shit), can you (JB et al) ban him as the spammer he is?

Mulligan

Thanks for your insightful comments on Anderson and The Master!

Pubrick

Mulligan what's your problem? what insightful comments did YOU make about PTA and The Master? all you've done is ramble aimlessly about Christopher Nolan.

Reelist posted a very relevant thread in which your post would have been right at home. your post is completely about nolan, so why is it in the PTA section? the least you could have done is searched for a relevant thread, perhaps the one dedicated to the director you're discussing, or accepted reelist's helpful link and continued your "discussion" there. instead you spam us with your book YET AGAIN.

this is your first and last official warning to stop spamming. this forum is not your personal advertising space. contribute to the community with less asinine posts or you will be banned. it's bad enough you tricked poor JB into buying your book. not all of us are that easily swindled.

thread locked.
under the paving stones.

Jeremy Blackman

You started interacting with us like a full human being in the other thread, and now you post a random spam link? Really? Unfortunately I agree with Pubrick; if you do that again you will indeed be banned.

modage

Quote from: Mulligan on July 17, 2013, 12:08:17 AM
I thought The Master was probably the best film last year, and really under appreciated.  I find all of Christoper Nolan's films very stiff and dull.  I agree they are different filmmakers under different sets of circumstances.  And what is with the scores in Nolan's films?  I just watched the last Batman one he did the other day and the score just pounds your ears into submission, and not in a good way.  It's just this heavy strain of melodrama constantly feeding every dull scene in such a manipulative way.  I thought the second half of Inception was decent but still a very dull film.

Also: this does not help your case. It's increasingly difficult to believe that someone with the level of insight displayed in this thread would have something worthwhile to say about another director.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.