Peter Jackson's KING KONG

Started by Spike, December 14, 2003, 01:15:38 PM

Pubrick

also the fact that, after forgotten silver, he already owns the title of 'april fools king of the world' should be reason for him to not even try anymore.

but dammit, he just keeps on givin.
under the paving stones.

foray

Friend of mine working on the set said that she saw the rough cuts of it, and reports that it's very OTT. There's one scene where Kong is hanging onto a cliff, and carrying the girl, on top of that he is hurling dinosaurs! :D

And, Peter Jackson is always grumpy, she says. Guess that's just the stress.

foray
touch me i'm sick

SiliasRuby

Quote from: forayThere's one scene where Kong is hanging onto a cliff, and carrying the girl, on top of that he is hurling dinosaurs! :D
Ut oh...spoilers.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Pubrick

Quote from: SiliasRuby
Quote from: forayThere's one scene where Kong is hanging onto a cliff, and carrying the girl, on top of that he is hurling dinosaurs! :D
Ut oh...spoilers.
the hurling dinosaurs is the basic illustration they've been displaying since day one.
under the paving stones.

kotte

Quote from: mogwai

that was kinda funny...

and damn, Peter's lost weight!

Ultrahip

Frank Darabont looks like Brian Rooker, or whatever the really lame director guy is named in Mulholland Drive, you know the one. not justin theroux. the guy in the office rehearsal who looks likes Frank Darabont.

MacGuffin

Kong is Koming
Trailer headed to TV.

NBC and Universal announced today that the first trailer for Peter Jackson's King Kong will debut simultaneously on all nine of the NBC Universal conglomerate's TV networks.

The two-minute, 30-second teaser is scheduled to air on Monday, June 27, from precisely 8:59:30-9:02 PM ET. Here's the network breakdown for your TiVo programming needs...

NBC - Immediately following Fear Factor

USA Network - Immediately following Law & Order: SVU

SCI FI Channel - Immediately following Stargate-SG1

Bravo - Immediately following West Wing

Universal HD - Immediately following Airport '77

MSNBC - Immediately following Countdown with Keith Olberman

CNBC - Immediately following Cover to Cover

Telemundo - Immediately following La Mujer en el Espejo

Mun2 - During the two-hour block of The Roof

In the announcement, Universal Pictures Chairman Stacey Snider gushed about the film, "'King Kong, as it's being interpreted by Peter Jackson, is the work of a master storyteller operating at the full height of his creative powers. We are immensely excited to allow the world its first glimpse of this extraordinary film and its remarkable central character with an event that is as ambitious and momentous as King Kong deserves. This roadblock demonstrates just how coordinated and unified a company NBC Universal has become in just over a year, and we are proud of our shared commitment to accomplishing something of this magnitude."  

Also on June 27th, the Kong teaser will debut online (on the Volkswagen website, oddly enough) and on various personal wireless devices. It'll also be shown in various high-profile locations around the world like the Times Square Jumbotron and giant screens in Universal's theme parks.  The preview hits the big screen on June 29th.  Next they'll be beaming previews directly into your brain.

Kong, which retells the classic story of the great ape captured on a remote exotic isle and brought to '30s New York, stars Naomi Watts, Jack Black, Thomas Kretschmann, Colin Hanks, Andy Serkis, Jamie Bell and Adrien Brody. The film hits theaters around the world on December 14.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Kal

It was about time... I want to really see what this is about

Its amazing how desperate they are to start making money of this thing already... Volkswagen and all NBC Networks... its not even like Star Wars that they sold the spots on the OC

Well I guess they need to start getting the liquidity back from their 200 mill investment...

The Perineum Falcon

We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

Kal

thats a dumb comment to my post... as its obvious that i wasnt talking about the story... but the actual work done and how it looks

ufff  :yabbse-thumbdown:

jtm

Quote from: kotteand damn, Peter's lost weight!

hell yeah he has. i didn't watch that production diary, but i just saw him on that George Lucas tribute thing and the mother fucker looked like a cancer patient or sumthin. i wouldn't have even recognized him if his name wasn't at the bottom of the screen.

Redlum

\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

MacGuffin

REMINDER FOR TONIGHT!!!!!

Quote from: MacGuffinKong is Koming
Trailer headed to TV.

NBC and Universal announced today that the first trailer for Peter Jackson's King Kong will debut simultaneously on all nine of the NBC Universal conglomerate's TV networks.

The two-minute, 30-second teaser is scheduled to air on Monday, June 27, from precisely 8:59:30-9:02 PM ET. Here's the network breakdown for your TiVo programming needs...

NBC - Immediately following Fear Factor

USA Network - Immediately following Law & Order: SVU

SCI FI Channel - Immediately following Stargate-SG1

Bravo - Immediately following West Wing

Universal HD - Immediately following Airport '77

MSNBC - Immediately following Countdown with Keith Olberman

CNBC - Immediately following Cover to Cover

Telemundo - Immediately following La Mujer en el Espejo

Mun2 - During the two-hour block of The Roof

In the announcement, Universal Pictures Chairman Stacey Snider gushed about the film, "'King Kong, as it's being interpreted by Peter Jackson, is the work of a master storyteller operating at the full height of his creative powers. We are immensely excited to allow the world its first glimpse of this extraordinary film and its remarkable central character with an event that is as ambitious and momentous as King Kong deserves. This roadblock demonstrates just how coordinated and unified a company NBC Universal has become in just over a year, and we are proud of our shared commitment to accomplishing something of this magnitude."  

Also on June 27th, the Kong teaser will debut online (on the Volkswagen website, oddly enough) and on various personal wireless devices. It'll also be shown in various high-profile locations around the world like the Times Square Jumbotron and giant screens in Universal's theme parks.  The preview hits the big screen on June 29th.  Next they'll be beaming previews directly into your brain.

Kong, which retells the classic story of the great ape captured on a remote exotic isle and brought to '30s New York, stars Naomi Watts, Jack Black, Thomas Kretschmann, Colin Hanks, Andy Serkis, Jamie Bell and Adrien Brody. The film hits theaters around the world on December 14.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

lamas