Hugh Grant gets Stanley Kubrick award

Started by Lucinda Bryte, November 10, 2003, 05:01:31 PM

Gamblour.

Quote from: GloriaAwards are nice but they by no means measure someone's greatness.

I believe that's also the philosophy behind the Oscars.
WWPTAD?

Gloria

Sorry, kotte, I didn't read further down. I'm glad we agree that greatness is not measured by awards.  :)

Quote from: GamblorI believe that's also the philosophy behind the Oscars.

True. Very true

kotte

Quote from: GloriaSorry, kotte, I didn't read further down. I'm glad we agree that greatness is not measured by awards.  :)

No worries...  :)

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: kotte
Quote from: GloriaSorry, kotte, I didn't read further down. I'm glad we agree that greatness is not measured by awards.  :)

I'd worry...
Si

kotte

Quote from: RoyalTenenbaum

I'd worry...

what??

don't try to be clever...it didn't work this time... :)

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: RoyalTenenbaum

I'd worry...

what??

don't try to be clever...it didn't work this time... :)

Oh, I don't ever try tobe clever..... it's one of those things I just can't do, like touching my nose with my tongue.
Si

Gold Trumpet

Considering Kubrick (to my knowledge) hasn't even attended any award show in which a film of his was nominated, an award in his honor is absurd.

I'm happy for Hugh Grant in winning it this year. He's the best at what he does and at least he is recognized in some capacity for it. I hardly respect award shows, but this is something nice for Grant.

Redlum

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetConsidering Kubrick (to my knowledge) hasn't even attended any award show in which a film of his was nominated, an award in his honor is absurd.

I'm happy for Hugh Grant in winning it this year. He's the best at what he does and at least he is recognized in some capacity for it. I hardly respect award shows, but this is something nice for Grant.

Exactly. He was really humble about it too, and self-deprecating as always.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas