Future Tarantino: Where it's never gonna happen, but we hope that it does(n't).

Started by jtm, January 20, 2003, 09:54:48 PM

nineteenseventyseven

I know this goes off subject, but when will the promised special editions of vol 1 and 2 come?
I waste time.

MacGuffin

Tarantino to direct Presley  

Foxnews reports that Tarantino might direct the new videoclip of Lisa-Marie Presley, Elvis' daughter.

[..]Director Quentin Tarantino isn’t just directing the finale of CSI, [...] he also signed on to guide Lisa Marie Presley through her video for her new single.

Tarantino has directed Presley, daughter of Elvis Presley, the king of rock 'n' roll, in a version of Don Henley’s old hit, "Dirty Laundry." A sneak audio peek of "Dirty Laundry" can be heard in promos for ABC’s "Desperate Housewives."

Tarantino once told an interviewer that when he met Lisa Marie years ago he was "star struck."

----------------------------------------------------------

Tarantino to co-star in martial arts film?  

A source let us know that Tarantino might be playing a part in a possibly upcoming Martial Arts film called "Shattered Eagle", which could start Andy On and was written by Kris Paulson.

The film might be produced towards the end of the year. Called 'Shattered Eagle', it's something that Joel Silver was interested in at one stage (the deal went sour because of creative differences - he envisioned it more big budget, star-driven, the writer, Kris Paulson, wants to keep it edgy, and as independent as possible) and tells the familiar story of a Hong Kong action star who migrates to Hollywood, only to discover that those he worked for in his home-land aren't happy about the switch - and put a hit out on him.

They're keen to get Andy On involved, and he's been contacted and hasn't said 'no', yet - and for the role of an American producer that fills the void of a semi-aid to lead character, Fook, they're hoping to land Quentin Tarantino. There's some interest. The role fits him like a glove - smart, funny, a fix-it man.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

'Friday' horror draws Tarantino
Source: Hollywood Reporter

Quentin Tarantino is considering writing and directing a new installment in the long-running "Friday the 13th" series. Tarantino is in early talks with New Line Cinema, where he is scheduled to meet with executives this week. The original "Friday," released in 1980 and featuring the hockey-masked killer Jason Voorhees, spawned a series of sequels, including the 2003 hit "Freddy vs. Jason," in which Jason squared off against Freddy Krueger from the "Nightmare on Elm Street" series. New Line tried to make a sequel to "Freddy vs. Jason" involving the "Evil Dead" character Ash, but a deal with "Dead" rights holder Sam Raimi couldn't be reached. According to those familiar with the discussions, Tarantino is intrigued with the idea of playing with one of the movie's classic horror villains. If the project does develop, it could be the first film Tarantino directs outside Miramax Films. The WMA-repped filmmaker recently signed on to direct the season finale of CBS' "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Myxo

Quote from: MacGuffin'Friday' horror draws Tarantino
Source: Hollywood Reporter

Quentin Tarantino is considering writing and directing a new installment in the long-running "Friday the 13th" series.

Why am I not surprised..

He's done a kung-fu/western, and soon a war movie. Why not add horror to his canon?

Gold Trumpet

One, I don't believe it will happen. I think he realizes the effort that goes into one movie and may look for a canvas grander than just a Friday the 13th sequel.

Two, if it does happen, I imagine every person who defended Tarantino recently may be recalling their opinion a little. I can't imagine how this can draw much excitement. I don't know of another franchise with as little imagination as this one.

soixante

What a waste of talent.  It is as if Stanley Kubrick had helmed "Eddie Murphy Raw."
Music is your best entertainment value.

pete

eddie murphy raw is not meaningless crap.  it's like scorsese and last waltz.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Pubrick

Quote from: soixanteWhat a waste of talent.  It is as if Stanley Kubrick had helmed "Eddie Murphy Raw."
please don't compare the two.

this is right up tarantino's alley. that is the alley of meaningless crap.
under the paving stones.

modage

yeah, i dont think it will happen either.  and GT is right, it is the worst franchise to be a part of.  at least freddy was a great idea and a few great films, jason was always a halloween rip-off.  but, if by some weirdness, he actually did make this, i'm sure it would be really great and a thousand times better than the other ones (with exception of freddyvsjason, which was gooood.)  although i dont know why he would want to waste his time pumping new life into a stale franchise like this, just so it could go on without him and make tons of new sequels/money.  
it would be much cooler if he made his own, ORIGINAL horror film and directed it this time.  that would rule.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Two Lane Blacktop

Quote from: themodernage02it would be much cooler if he made his own, ORIGINAL horror film and directed it this time.  that would rule.

You took the words right out of my mouth.  I'd love to see Tarantino do a horror flick.  

2LB
Body by Guinness

SHAFTR

Quote from: Two Lane Blacktop
Quote from: themodernage02it would be much cooler if he made his own, ORIGINAL horror film and directed it this time.  that would rule.

I'd settle for an original film.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Pubrick

Quote from: themodernage02i dont know why he would want to waste his time pumping new life into a stale franchise like this, just so it could go on without him and make tons of new sequels/money.
someone told him it would be COOL

yeah that would be really COOL huh
under the paving stones.

soixante

QT has already written one horror film, From Dusk to Dawn.  That is quite sufficient.
Music is your best entertainment value.

modage

i know.  one is not sufficient and that was almost a decade ago.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Alethia

i say he works on something original that aint so genre conscious this time around