How to letterbox his films

Started by mutinyco, June 22, 2003, 09:36:03 AM

Jeremy Blackman

Oh come on, you didn't have to say it. :yabbse-angry:  :yabbse-cry:

mutinyco

Actually, I should get some images, then go to work in Photoshop to create a visual diagram...
"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

cine

Quote from: mutinycoCan't you just picture cute Amelie getting ass raped by a French De Niro look-alike?
This is unfortunate... I don't know if this was on purpose or what..

mutinyco

"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

Chest Rockwell

What is this letterboxing thing? How is it done?

Gamblour.

Quote from: Chest RockwellWhat is this letterboxing thing? How is it done?

It's at the beginning of the thread...
WWPTAD?

aclockworkjj

Quote from: Chest RockwellWhat is this letterboxing thing? How is it done?
ah chest...this cracks me up, after seeing the other thread.

ps.
Quote from: mutinycoCan't you just picture cute Amelie getting ass raped by a French JJ look-alike?
i picture it all the time.  :oops:

Chest Rockwell

I know, clockwork. I know. But no one will fucking explain it! I'm not quite as experienced as everyone else with this ratio shit, but when i asked as a separate thread, P told me to look at this, which I had already previously looked at as my separate thread explains. So i said 'what the fuck' and i made another brief inquiry as to how to actually letterbox, in general. And still no one answers... It better be something better than taping cardboard to the screen. But seriously, I know what it is, and I understand it's been covered in specific territory, but what I wanna know is how the fuck to do it at all. Hopefully that clears anything up.

aclockworkjj

Quote from: Chest RockwellI wanna know is how the fuck to do it at all. Hopefully that clears anything up.
well, i would first rip the dvd video  and sound to workable formats.  then i would import it into premiere or some other editing program.  then simply apply a black "letterboxed" mask...then push it back out to DVD.

dufresne

Quote from: aclockworkjj
well, i would first rip the dvd video  and sound to workable formats.  then i would import it into premiere or some other editing program.  then simply apply a black "letterboxed" mask...then push it back out to DVD.

umm...black foam core.
There are shadows in life, baby.