Where The Wild Things Are

Started by tpfkabi, November 27, 2003, 09:31:27 PM

brockly

so i just saw the trailer and, um, most anticipated movie....ever?

New Feeling

this is undoubtedly the best trailer since Observe and Report.   

Pas

Quote from: New Feeling on March 29, 2009, 02:16:14 AM
this is undoubtedly the best trailer since Observe and Report.   

haha I don't know if that's sarcastic but I loved the trailer for Observe and Report

72teeth

yeah, it's love, ive watched this so many times too and the beginning is definitely the best part... the birds, rustling footsteps, Gandolfini's breathing, that big monster's heartbeat... love.

and how did i not acknowledge The Arcade Fire before?
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Stefen

If my penis could talk it would say, "Thank you."
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

polkablues

My house, my rules, my coffee

w/o horse

I'm hopelessly uninterested in this movie.  It's obviously a visceral, wish-fulfillment kind of movie, and as I don't harbor that level of emotionally fantastic dreamscape within my personality I'm going to be outside of this one.

As in you obviously get this one or don't.  And I, unfortunately, because I have nothing against the movie or the director, don't.  My impression of this movie is that it fits squarely into the Goonies, Big Trouble in Little China, Labyrinth, excited-about-that-Dracula-Muppett-musical-movie kind of demographic, probably the E.T.-loving demographic.  The age-most-everyone-here-is demographic.

I'm that age too, but I never liked those movies and this movie doesn't seem to be offering a lot outside of wild things and running children.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

picolas

Quote from: w/o horse on April 06, 2009, 09:40:35 PMI don't harbor that level of emotionally fantastic dreamscape within my personality
are you trying to say you don't have an imagination? i'm confused by what that means.

the trailer was mainly (fucking perfect) wild things and a running child (running through fucking perfect, beautiful environments), yeah. it was a damn good trailer.. it's not going to tell you the whole story.

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

polkablues

Quote from: Stefen on April 06, 2009, 10:06:11 PM
Still not feeling the font.

Yeah.  Either actually have a kid hand-write it, or give up the pretense.  It's like the difference between the voices from Charlie Brown Christmas and the later Charlie Brown cartoons, when it was all professional voice actors. 

Plus, it's all scrunched.  Ugly.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Sleepless

He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

w/o horse

Quote from: picolas on April 06, 2009, 10:03:21 PM
Quote from: w/o horse on April 06, 2009, 09:40:35 PMI don't harbor that level of emotionally fantastic dreamscape within my personality
are you trying to say you don't have an imagination? i'm confused by what that means.

the trailer was mainly (fucking perfect) wild things and a running child (running through fucking perfect, beautiful environments), yeah. it was a damn good trailer.. it's not going to tell you the whole story.

I'm saying my childhood was largely filled with more tangible and practical imaginings.  Just a different type.  The fantasy world stuff I've never latched onto.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

MacGuffin

Watch This: Spike Jonze's 'Everyone Poops' Trailer
Source: Cinematical

When the first Where the Wild Things Trailer arrived online, folks went absolutely nuts for it. Spike Jonze's adaptation of Maurice Sendak's beloved children's book looked honest, inventive and a whole lot of fun. Then, of course, came the party poopers -- an obligatory group of haters who made fun of the trailer and added the Arcade Fire song to other trailers in an effort to prove that it was the song that made the film look good, and not anything else. (I like to think it was a combination of the song, the editing and the visuals that excited most people, but whatever -- our world is full of haters, so let them be.)

Now that the trailer is no longer hot news, some more creative folks are taking a stab at spoofing it -- and first up are the clever chaps over at Landline TV who created a trailer for the non-existent Spike Jonze adaptation of the children's book Everyone Poops. You know the book -- it's one of those novelty pick-ups at Urban Outfitters, but it's also (from what I've heard) a nice way to teach little kids how to, well, poop. Or something like that. Anyway, the spoof -- which takes cues from the real Wild Things trailer -- is pretty hilarious and definitely worth two minutes of your attention. Check it out below:

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

New Feeling

Quote from: w/o horse on April 07, 2009, 11:18:36 AM
Quote from: picolas on April 06, 2009, 10:03:21 PM

I'm saying my childhood was largely filled with more tangible and practical imaginings.  Just a different type.  The fantasy world stuff I've never latched onto.

yeah but even if you don't exactly imagine the fantastic, does that really render you incapable of enjoying the fantastic/poetic imaginings of others?  Can't you be excited about the very real drama that is inherent whenever a group of talented and passionate people get together and try to share something important to them with the world?  My mind generally steers towards the more realistic but I'm still damn excited by the prospect of a wonderful family film from someone other than Pixar coming down the pike.