77th Annual Academy Awards - Winners Listed on Page 10

Started by MacGuffin, October 14, 2004, 02:00:15 PM

Ultrahip

i want Depp's suit and that thing on his neck. and the glasses...and hair and mustache. but especially the suit.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

©brad

dude the show is actually really good this year. speeches are short and sweet (sydney lumet and morgan freeman in particular were wonderful). rock's monologue was hysterical. brad bird, cate, thelma, spidey, aviator cleaning up, rightfully so.

and i'm liking how they're changing it up (accepting awards in the crowd and whathaveyou). although, i'm not sure how i feel about having some of the nominees stand onstage as the award is being announced.

thus far tho,  :yabbse-thumbup: .

cine

Jeremy Blackman

First nomination for surreal moment of the night: Antonio Banderas rhythmically slapping his thighs.

©brad

am i drunk or does marty tear up a lot? i swear everytime a person mentions his name in a thank-you speech he starts to cry.

Gamblour.

Quote from: ©bradam i drunk or does marty tear up a lot? i swear everytime a person mentions his name in a thank-you speech he starts to cry.

Was that tearing up? I couldn't place what expression that was. If it was tearing up, I love Marty even more.

Chris Rock has the best damn introductions: "Opera's favorite white man, John Travolta", "Comedy legend, Jeremy Irons", "Dazzling with his acting and annoying us with his politics, Tim Robbins" those are great.
WWPTAD?

A Matter Of Chance

Quote from: ©bradam i drunk or does marty tear up a lot? i swear everytime a person mentions his name in a thank-you speech he starts to cry.

you're right. and by the way, i agree with your previous synopsis.

RegularKarate

Lamest act of not getting a joke: Sean Penn letting everyone know who Jude Law is.

edit: and Swank wins it and lames it up with "I'm just a girl from a trailer park who had a dream."

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanFirst nomination for surreal moment of the night: Antonio Banderas rhythmically slapping his thighs.

second nomination:  that guy sining his acceptence speech then the  cut to antonio with that look in his eye.

that chick from maria full of grace is gorgeoussssssssssssssssss

Ultrahip

That chick? She has a name, man. Great Scott are you crass.

©brad

context, context, context.