Movies you're ashamed to admit you HAVE seen

Started by Xixax, January 22, 2003, 05:16:30 PM

chainsmoking insomniac

XXX and B. Monkey....I watched them for purely asthetic reasons, I'm ashamed to admit (i.e. Asia Argento.....)
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

chainsmoking insomniac

...especially XXX....B. Monkey wasn't abominable, it just could have been alot better storywise....
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"

SoNowThen

Wow, you guys made me feel a lot better. I used to be kinda guilty about my Olsen twins / Hillary Duff fetish...
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

SoNowThen

...uh, right... movies...

I'm ashamed to say I get a kick out of Congo. Tim Curry is funny, and I like when they laser-blast the apes.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

ShanghaiOrange

Last five films (theater)
-The Da Vinci Code: *
-Thank You For Smoking: ***
-Silent Hill: ***1/2 (high)
-Happy Together: ***1/2
-Slither: **

Last five films (video)
-Solaris: ***1/2
-Cobra Verde: ***1/2
-My Best Fiend: **1/2
-Days of Heaven: ****
-The Thin Red Line: ***

Ernie

Quote from: Duck SauceWe look like a bunch of pedophiles

Not all of us... :wink:

j/k...you know I had to get you back for seeing All the Real Girls first and rubbing it in my face.

But yeah, I've been wondering...how old are the olsen twins? They might be a year or two older than me actually. Cause they're definitely hot...Hilary Duff is too...how old is she?

Anyway...back to the topic...I think there are probably too many movies that I'm ashamed I ever saw. Everyone I come up with I can make an excuse for seeing...like Bubble Boy for instance, it was the first movie I ever saw Jake Gyllehaal in, who is one of my favorite actors today. Or the Joel Schumacher batman movies...they might be horrible now...but when I was younger I remember enjoying them a little bit...just not as much as I loved (and still love today) the Burton ones. So, I've been trying to think of some REALLY extra terrible ones that don't have any redeeming qualities that I have ALWAYS hated. This is all I came up with...

armageddon
bats
freddy got fingered
mimic
pearl harbor
ringmaster
secretary
toys (used to scare the fuck out of me)

They're are probably a lot more that I forgot. I probably made an effort to forget about them. Toys and Armageddon are unforgettable though...seriously, wow.

soixante

A previous poster mentioned he saw B. Monkey and XXX expressly to see Asia Argento.  Me too.  I also watched New Rose Hotel and Scarlet Diva.

I saw Sweetest Thing merely because it featured Cameron Diaz, Selma Blair and Parker Posey in the same movie.

I have been known to see movies I otherwise wouldn't see just because some hot actress is featured.  Why else would I bother with Abandon, which features Katie Holmes and Zooey Deschanel?  Why would I be sitting in a theater watching Scream 3 unless Neve Campbell and Parker Posey were featured?  And so on.
Music is your best entertainment value.

mindfuck

Secretary? Are you guys all Secretary haters here?

Oh, and my contribution to the thread: Waterworld.

Grand Epic

Ghoulies 2.

No wait, it was funny.

Well, not intentionally.

Cecil

i liked secretary.

and i think the olsen twins are ugly as fuck

dufresne

Cradle 2 the Grave.

what the fuck was i thinking?
There are shadows in life, baby.

Pubrick

Quote from: ShanghaiOrangeCara Delizia from Disney's So Weird. :(
tru, she's turning into sum sort of dwarf piglet thing.
under the paving stones.

chainsmoking insomniac

An earlier post mentioned New Rose Hotel....I liked the luscious cinematography, the lighting in a few of the scenes....but how the camera makes love to Asia....absolutely fucking astounding!

Ferrara's best (or my fave anyway) was King of New York....
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

snaporaz

i saw jurassic park 3. i wasn't disappointed or ashamed, because i knew what to expect and got what i paid for [dollar cinema]. not a terrible way to waste a wednesday afternoon.

i do, however, regret paying to see armageddon. this was probably the last movie where i threw caution to the wind. i knew it might be bad, but i told myself that it should be at least fun. boy was i fucking wrong.

but, as for the most humiliating thing i've ever paid to see...

ninja turtles 3. and i was thirteen fucking years old. or something like that. i paid to see ninja turtles. THREE!

fuck.

©brad

i like the ninja turtles, especially the second one. the woman who plays april in the second one is hot. i guess the woman in the first one is too, she's got that linda hamilton thing going.