The Master - Spoiler-Free Thread

Started by MacGuffin, December 02, 2009, 10:12:15 PM

InTylerWeTrust

Quote from: bigperm on August 21, 2012, 02:12:21 PM

For sure, for sure?  Or just confident speculation...

Just confident speculation... I mean, it seems like the next logical thing to do...

P.S:   This is what happens when you're fucked up and bored at 3:30 in the afternoon on a Tuesday...

Fuck this place..... I got a script to write.

RegularKarate

It makes the music sound more like Jon Brion's

Pubrick

Quote from: RegularKarate on August 21, 2012, 03:59:58 PM
It makes the music sound more like Jon Brion's

I want to upvote this because it didn't occur to me and it's true and I agree.. but I also don't want to ruin the perfect av/zero respect combo.   :yabbse-undecided:

I think other people must be having this dilemma.
under the paving stones.

pete

I think a bunch of us dudes from this here internet is going to be there in person tonight.
I cancelled a gig to wine and dine in NAPA for this.
Matt better touch me.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

InTylerWeTrust

I was browsing the early pages of this thread and found this little gem of a post:

Quote from: RegularKarate on December 03, 2009, 12:01:43 PM
And we start the pattern of crazy again...

1.) PTA will mention what books he was influenced by for this one.  Everyone will rush out and read them.  Love them.

2.) PTA will mention what movies he was influenced by for this one.  Everyone will rush out and see them and come back, wondering why he chose those...mild disappointment.

3.) Screenplay will slowly leak.  People will read it, come back and tell everyone it sucks, it's boring, "W the fuck?"

4.) Teaser Poster comes out... work of genius... everyone will reference it in every thread here.

5.) Teaser trailer will come out, everyone will watch it a million times, jizz all over, tell everyone that hated the screenplay to suck a D.

5.) Official Release Poster will come out.  Everyone will hate it, screenplay jerk will be all "told you so".

6.) Official trailer will come out.  Amazing.  Screenplay jerks take it back.

7.) Movie comes out... two people will hate it... everyone else loves it.  One line will get quoted over and over.

8.) That line gets so over-quoted and referenced that the people who originally started quoting it will go back and erase original posts in which they quoted said line.  Then they'll say how much they hate it when people quote that line.

9.) Brett Ratner

can't wait

I literally LOL'ed...  Apparently Regular can see the future...  +1 to that  :bravo:

Pubrick

Quote from: InTylerWeTrust on August 21, 2012, 06:36:52 PM
I was browsing the early pages of this thread and found this little gem of a post:

Quote from: RegularKarate on December 03, 2009, 12:01:43 PM
And we start the pattern of crazy again...

1.) PTA will mention what books he was influenced by for this one.  Everyone will rush out and read them.  Love them.

2.) PTA will mention what movies he was influenced by for this one.  Everyone will rush out and see them and come back, wondering why he chose those...mild disappointment.

3.) Screenplay will slowly leak.  People will read it, come back and tell everyone it sucks, it's boring, "W the fuck?"

4.) Teaser Poster comes out... work of genius... everyone will reference it in every thread here.

5.) Teaser trailer will come out, everyone will watch it a million times, jizz all over, tell everyone that hated the screenplay to suck a D.

5.) Official Release Poster will come out.  Everyone will hate it, screenplay jerk will be all "told you so".

6.) Official trailer will come out.  Amazing.  Screenplay jerks take it back.

7.) Movie comes out... two people will hate it... everyone else loves it.  One line will get quoted over and over.

8.) That line gets so over-quoted and referenced that the people who originally started quoting it will go back and erase original posts in which they quoted said line.  Then they'll say how much they hate it when people quote that line.

9.) Brett Ratner

can't wait

I literally LOL'ed...  Apparently Regular can see the future...  +1 to that  :bravo:

Just wait til you get to Sean Penn and his elk [sic]. Should be a few gems around that part of the thread, also GT's "main goal" to be the American bresson.
under the paving stones.

InTylerWeTrust

Quote from: velociraptor on August 21, 2012, 09:33:33 PM

http://lockerz.com/s/237050738

Hahaha oh shit... apparently I can see the future as well.. " And I Would Like To Think This was Only A Matter Of Chance".

That new poster looks amazing though...

noyes

Quote from: InTylerWeTrust on August 21, 2012, 02:44:49 PM
Quote from: bigperm on August 21, 2012, 02:12:21 PM

For sure, for sure?  Or just confident speculation...

Just confident speculation... I mean, it seems like the next logical thing to do...

P.S:   This is what happens when you're fucked up and bored at 3:30 in the afternoon on a Tuesday...

Here's to my sweet Satan. The one whose little path would make me sad whose power is Satan.
south america's my name.

72teeth

Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

Kal

I assume it's somewhere in this thread but way too lazy to search thought it...

Do we know what theaters in LA will be projecting this in 70MM?

MacGuffin

25.08.2012, 5:25 am: This just in from our Hollywood source:

"Previous report about the Village Theatre in L.A. being set up to handle a 70mm run of P.T. Anderson's new movie, "The Master", did not pan out, for whatever reason(s). But now, reports are that DP70s will be installed (one each) in the Arclight Hollywood screen #3, and at one of the Landmark 12 screens in West L.A., so there will be two 70mm prints running in L.A. when the movie opens. Additional details indicate that there will be 8 or 9 total prints, so clearly there will be other venues showing it in 70mm. Known other locations include the Alamo Drafthouse in Austin, TX, and several others, names to be confirmed before too long."

http://www.in70mm.com/library/rumour/index.htm
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pozer

looks like 9/14 @ the arclight will be my day  :rofl:

considering taking the day off to catch it twice in a row if feasible  :shock:

havnt done something cray cray like that since pdl

Kal

Beautiful. Thanks Mac.

72teeth

from the Italian Interview over at Cigs&Vines

Spoils i guess, if youre trying not know what to expect

Can we define The Master as a "father and sons" story?
"To me it's mainly a story of two lovers. Not in the erotic way, but because of the irresistible attraction that the two stars have between each other."

How would you pitch this movie to a producer?
"I would say this is a chance to have two great roles".

And to the actors?
"A chance for a love story"

yes, above all, i would agree that The Master is a love story.
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

Drenk

Spoilers

So, the scientology movie is, in fact, a love story ? Good. :yabbse-grin: I love weird love stories, like The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford for example. Twisted attraction. And PSH, Phoenix, best couple ever...
Ascension.