Swingers shot with an XL1???

Started by SoNowThen, December 22, 2003, 01:02:48 PM

SoNowThen

I read this in Moviemaker...

it was an article on digital features, and they talked about Full Frontal, and the Spy Kids movies, and Dancer In The Dark, and on their list they had Doug Liman shooting Swingers with an XL1. Now, Swingers always looked kinda shitty, but film shitty, y'know? If this is true that he used this camera, then fuck it, I'm doing a feature next year with the thing...
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Ghostboy

Nah, that was 35, baby! Or super16 at best. I don't think the XL-1 was even released when they made it.

But that doesn't mean you shouldn't shoot a feature with it...

SoNowThen

hmmm, stupid article.

that's a weird fact to fuck up on and publish, no??
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Gamblour.

IMDb says 35: http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0117802/technical

The magazine just fucked up, they were referring to this movie: http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0284534/

Edit: It's sad that I found that in about 5 seconds. I should work for a damn magazine, dammit!
WWPTAD?

SoNowThen

mutinyco

It says 35mm, but I'm pretty sure it was super-16.
"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe