PDL on DVD

Started by MacGuffin, January 08, 2003, 02:20:32 PM

Duck Sauce

Marvelous

Maybe we will get all the stuff they originally had no time for.

Bud_Clay

Quote from: MacGuffinFrom DVDFile:

Bad news for P.T. Anderson fans. Originally scheduled for an April 1st release from Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment, the auteur's latest quirky comedy "Punch-Drunk Love" has been pulled off the schedule until further notice.
HAH!..what did i say?!...what did i say!?....big fucking surprise.

Newtron

You know, there's a (big) war on.

Punch-Drunk Love (2002)

List Price:   $26.95
Price:   $20.21 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25. See details.  
You Save:   $6.74 (25%)

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005JLRK/ref%3Dt%5Fth%5Fem%5Fpo/002-9377993-4036036

Currently no features listed.
"We're all one thing, Lieutenant. That's what I've come to realize. Like cells in a body. 'Cept we can't see the body. The way fish can't see the ocean. And so we envy each other. Hurt each other. Hate each other. How silly is that? A heart cell hating a lung cell"

RegularKarate

Damn it...

You know what's next right?

They'll release it like... June, but only at the Target in Salt Lake city, then they'll wait a week at put it at the Borders in San Antonio...

sphinx

woohoo!  i'm glad they pulled it off, hopefully for the reason to get a good release.  remember those insane 'magnolia' august delays?  hopefully that's what'll happen here.

Victor

im relieved as well. maybe this means a bigger oscar push (and possibly a re-release), not to mention a proper dvd release with all the good shit done right the first time. i honestly dont mind the wait, it will make me appreciate it even more.
are you gonna eat with us too?

sphinx

yeah, but remember how they butchered the beautiful mind poster with that oscar bullshit?

complete with stretchy text

Satcho9

Quote from: sphinxyeah, but remember how they butchered the beautiful mind poster with that oscar bullshit?

complete with stretchy text

Hahahahahahah! Right on...

MacGuffin

After a few weeks delay, Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment has announced an April 22nd street date for P.T. Anderson's Punch-Drunk Love. With Anderson working to create new extras for a planned special edition, this initial version will be movie-only. Including anamorphic widescreen and full screen versions, extras include only trailers. Retail is $26.95.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Duck Sauce

Quote from: MacGuffin. With Anderson working to create new extras for a planned special edition, this initial version will be movie-only.

Looks like Im buying 2.

Pedro

QuoteThey'll release it like... June, but only at the Target in Salt Lake city, then they'll wait a week at put it at the Borders in San Antonio...

How do you know of San Antonio's Borders?  You live there like Myself?  Or have you heard of its...erm...excellence...elsewhere.  ACtually Borders in S.A. isn't too bad I even found Triumph of the Will.

RegularKarate

Quote from: Pedro the Wombat
How do you know of San Antonio's Borders?  You live there like Myself?  Or have you heard of its...erm...excellence...elsewhere.  ACtually Borders in S.A. isn't too bad I even found Triumph of the Will.

Actually, I was just making shit up, but I live in Austin, so I'll bet our Borders are probably similar.

©brad

Quote from: MacGuffinAfter a few weeks delay, Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment has announced an April 22nd street date for P.T. Anderson's Punch-Drunk Love. With Anderson working to create new extras for a planned special edition, this initial version will be movie-only. Including anamorphic widescreen and full screen versions, extras include only trailers. Retail is $26.95.

fuck fuck fuck don't do this to me!

Jeremy Blackman

I think I'm just going to wait for the second edition as a form of protest.