A Clockwork Orange

Started by Gold Trumpet, August 04, 2003, 10:33:59 PM

Sigur Rós

OMG L0LZ! i noticed  too...but you, brave scandinavian you are, made it accesible
context, context, context.

MacGuffin

They look more like a disgruntled Kentucky Fried Chicken posse than droogs:
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Just Withnail

*cough* *cough*

Quote from: ...& I in Now PlayingDunno if it's on purpose but The Hives lead singer looks so much like Clockwork-era Malcom McDowell on that cover it's scary.

Works a lot better with visuals though.

Fernando

He looks like Simon LeBon from Duran Duran.

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: flagpolespecial on March 03, 2006, 07:25:39 PM
after watching ACO again last night i came online to xixax to read discussion on the film. i'm curious to know if the golden trumpet feels the same way about the film today as he did in 2003 (???). i think you missed the mark quite a bit with your criticisms GT.

I really don't post reviews anymore. Trying that exile deal.

SiliasRuby

I resaw this film tonight at a midnight showing in LA on Santa Monica BLVD at the Nuart where they are playing The Big Lebowski on April 6th at Midnight, if anyone in LA is interested....but back to ACO

Engulfed myself into it and was amazed. It's been such a long time since I've seen it that I forgot how long it is. Although it is not my fav. of Kubrick's (EWS is) it stands out a landmark. I also forgot how utterly hilarious it is.
Highlights:
The Nazi Prison Guard.
The Old Man looking up at ceiling while Ludwig Van blasts onto the upstairs bedroom.
The Homless People attacking Alex.
The Last Sex Scene.

Spielburg is truely right, once you're watching a kubrick film, you can't keep your eyes off of it.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

A Matter Of Chance

Quote from: onomabracadabra on August 05, 2003, 08:57:58 PM
Quote from: The Gold TrumpetActually, I'm planning to write a negative post on all the Godfather movies.
And now, GT, I love you.  :kiss:  Can't wait to read it.

GT, did this piece ever get written?

Gold Trumpet

No, and the sad thing is, I grew to appreciate The Godfather movies. They are not great films for me, but they are entertaining and satisfactory on a general level.

But I guess I could still write a piece on my dissatisfaction that keeps them from being great.

Pubrick

Quote from: The Gold Trumpet on March 31, 2007, 01:03:23 PM
But I guess I could still write a piece on my dissatisfaction that keeps them from being great.

nah..
under the paving stones.

Derek

Going to a screening of this next week with Malcolm McDowell in attendance to introduce it.
It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

MacGuffin

40th Anniversary DVD with new documentary: Trailer here.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks