Young Singers Spread Racist Hate (Prussian Blue)

Started by Myxo, October 23, 2005, 12:42:32 PM

Myxo

Oct. 20, 2005 —  Thirteen-year-old twins Lamb and Lynx Gaede have one album out, another on the way, a music video, and lots of fans.

They may remind you another famous pair of singers, the Olsen Twins, and the girls say they like that. But unlike the Olsens, who built a media empire on their fun-loving, squeaky-clean image, Lamb and Lynx are cultivating a much darker personna. They are white nationalists and use their talents to preach a message of hate.

Known as "Prussian Blue" — a nod to their German heritage and bright blue eyes — the girls from Bakersfield, Calif., have been performing songs about white nationalism before all-white crowds since they were nine.

"We're proud of being white, we want to keep being white," said Lynx. "We want our people to stay white ... we don't want to just be, you know, a big muddle. We just want to preserve our race."

Lynx and Lamb have been nurtured on racist beliefs since birth by their mother April. "They need to have the background to understand why certain things are happening," said April, a stay-at-home mom who no longer lives with the twins' father. "I'm going to give them, give them my opinion just like any, any parent would."

April home-schools the girls, teaching them her own unique perspective on everything from current to historical events. In addition, April's father surrounds the family with symbols of his beliefs — specifically the Nazi swastika. It appears on his belt buckle, on the side of his pick-up truck and he's even registered it as his cattle brand with the Bureau of Livestock Identification.

"Because it's provocative," explains April of the cattle brand, "to him he thinks it's important as a symbol of freedom of speech that he can use it as his cattle brand."

Teaching Hate

Songs like "Sacrifice" — a tribute to Nazi Rudolf Hess, Hitler's deputy Fuhrer — clearly show the effect of the girls' upbringing. The lyrics praise Hess as a "man of peace who wouldn't give up."

"It really breaks my heart to see those two girls spewing out that kind of garbage," said Ted Shaw, civil rights advocate and president of the NAACP's Legal Defense Fund — though Shaw points out that the girls aren't espousing their own opinions but ones they're being taught.

SoNowThen

Hmmm, two hot little underage racist twins...

I could get out a lot of my sick fascist sex fantasies on this one...
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

mogwai

matt35mm

Quote from: Myxo... though Shaw points out that the girls aren't espousing their own opinions but ones they're being taught.
... just like 95% of the world population...  :roll:

I don't see this case as shocking or significantly different from most of the other young pop singers out there, or just kids in general.  The only difference is that what they're about is "out," whereas other kids regurgitate what's "in."  There are still kids (I know them) who's moral and political beliefs are formed in, essentially, the same way.

So people want to make a big fuss out of this, and I say look at your own damn kids.  Their mother is right: she's just doing what any other parent would do.

hedwig

Quote from: matt35mmThe only difference is that what they're about is "out," whereas other kids regurgitate what's "in."

Quote from: MyxoLamb and Lynx Gaede have one album out, another on the way, a music video, and lots of fans.

Sigur Rós

I bet that they will be playing communist punk in 5 years.

matt35mm

Quote from: Hedwig
Quote from: matt35mmThe only difference is that what they're about is "out," whereas other kids regurgitate what's "in."

Quote from: MyxoLamb and Lynx Gaede have one album out, another on the way, a music video, and lots of fans.
I meant in general.  Obviously they have some following, and of course there are still many people with that ideology.

But still, the difference between these two girls and the 13-year-olds white kids who think that racism is bad is a lot less than most people would be comfortable admitting.

Reinhold

Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Ravi

Pas

Quote from: matt35mm
Quote from: Myxo... though Shaw points out that the girls aren't espousing their own opinions but ones they're being taught.
... just like 95% of the world population...  :roll:

Ehh ... I can name like 5 people in the world's history who had their own unique opinions. And they all changed the(ir) world.

So I guess that point is like infinitely less valid than the way you invalidated it.

Reinhold

there's plenty of other racist shit out there, bashing whites and asians and arabs and jews and hispanics and everybody else. why is this surprising?

this just in: some americans are stupid.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

noyes

yeah this isn't surprising at all.. maybe because they're young girls. but there are tons of punk and metal nazi bands out there. one thing for sure, there's nothing fascinating about it. i think it's bullshit.
south america's my name.

hedwig

Quote from: Reinhold Messnerthere's plenty of other racist shit out there, bashing whites and asians and arabs and jews and hispanics and everybody else. why is this surprising?

Who said it was surprising?

Gamblour.

I say it's surprising. Who wouldn't? Who would think, Oh well America's so racist (haven't you seen Crash?) that the idea of two young girls proselytizing hate via pop songs (or whatever genre) was not only bound to happen but probably already commonplace?

I find it surprising that their cute image is actually sinister. Everyone knows about Nazi bands, but in such a palatable form (in terms of their image)? Never. It's like subterfuge.
WWPTAD?

polkablues

If other sets of twins that I have known are any indication, these two will reach a point in a few years where one of them will continue to cling to their beliefs while the other will violently reject them, probably becoming a Berkeley student with a Jamaican boyfriend.  I swear, just about every pair of twins I've ever known, they end up being like a single well-rounded person who's been split in half.

On a side note, those t-shirts are fucking awesome.  I would get one if I didn't think that some people wouldn't take it as ironic.
My house, my rules, my coffee