Ever Fallen Asleep During A Movie...

Started by 1976, July 23, 2005, 08:15:48 PM

and had it's sounds and images intertwine with your dreams? You awake with such an added appreciation for the film...feeling an almost intimate relationship with it's characters. This happened to me recently while watching "Eternal Sunshine"...and I now feel connected to the story somehow.

NEON MERCURY

well, sort of i guess.. i was watching monster [the charlize thing] and i fell asleep during it..no tb/c i was bored of it ..i really do like the film...i was just really tired...plus i had too much to drink....but from what i can remember from my dream of the film was quite wierd...and scary because it made me feel wierd...what i did was i would hanf out w/ charlize's charcter from the film and it was just me and her..cristina's character didnt exist in my dream..but charlize was mean to me :( ......
before she killed anyone either male or female, she would make me have sex with them and kill them as we climaxed/orgasmed...it was biziarre and frightening...and the whole time that song from journey was playing....

I once awoke with what I thought was a great idea for a sci-fi, only to later find out i had watched "Existenz" (which I had never seen before) in my sleep. I must say I was a bit relieved though, since wondering why the hell I was dreaming with Jude Law was making me question my sexuality.

Tryskadekafobia

I've seen so many freaking movies in my life good and bad that on occasion, my dreams have ending scrolling credits plus soundtrack.

life_boy

One time when I was younger I fell asleep watching Nick @ Nite and had a dream about Count Duckula, which was playing at like 5:30am the next morning.  I promptly turned off the TV when I realized what was happening because I never liked that show.  I guess that's why it was on at 5:30am.

The only other time I've noticed external signals being transposed into my dreamscapes was when I fell asleep listening to Blues Traveller's Four and dreamed that Popper & Co. came into my room and played a rocking version of "Brother John."

72teeth

last night, in my dream, my friends did a perfect recreation of the "written test" scene in Men In Black for a talent show that was going on at Vandenberg Airforce Base. I remember being shocked at how accurate they nailed it. When I woke up, MIB was of coarse.
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

Ravi

After I started watching 24 a lot, I began having dreams where I was Jack Bauer.

Tictacbk

I fell asleep watching The Shining once and had the most fucked up dream I've ever had where my brother ran around with knife stabbing people and i followed close behind him watching.  It was the most vividly violent dream i can remember having...but whenever people got stabbed they didn't die they just thought it was annoying and stood there spewing blood and looking pissed off.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I feel asleep watching 2001 the first time, I didn't know what to expect and I was kind of tired... I decided to watch it later, much more awake... and BOOM... it changed my life.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Pubrick

Quote from: The WI feel asleep watching 2001 the first time, I didn't know what to expect and I was kind of tired... I decided to watch it later, much more awake... and BOOM... it changed my life.
great..

Quote from: Metropolis BlissEver Fallen Asleep During A Movie... and had it's sounds and images intertwine with your dreams?
under the paving stones.

b. real

fell asleep during some harry potter thing.  

dunno about dreams, but i got freaked out when i felt a hand on my face.  turned out just to be my girlfriend's kid trying to cast a spell on me.

lil' tricky broad.
pushups are good.

modage

yeah i probably have during movies but i definitely have during tv.  whoevers in my dreams always say whatevers on the tv.  and its the strangest conversations, especially if it was like old hanna barbara on cartoon network.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Garam

I fell asleep watching Monty Python's the Meaning of Life and dreamt that i was with Graham Chapman and Michael Palin and they dared me to gouge out Eric Idle's eyes. I did so, and he was screaming in agonising pain. I woke up briefly, and i remember it was on the liver transplant scene. Terry Gilliam's screaming became Idle's.

It was a lovely dream. Very relaxing.

picolas

i woke up into two movies during my lecture this week.